Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Aristocrats

Pages: 1 6 replies

The Aristocrats is a new movie by Penn Jillette and Paul Provenza that will feature a cast of comedians all telling the same joke. The whole movie will consist only of this joke being told over and over.

The joke goes something like this:

(It always starts the same way.)

A performer walks into into a talent agent's office and says, "Wow, do I have an act. A family act!"

Then, in the middle part, the performer proceeds to describe a family and its members and the horrible, scatological, perverse, incestuous, awful, abusive, etc...things that they do to each other while on stage. The goal of the middle part of the joke is to be as completely offensive on every level as possible, and is free form.

At the end, the punch-line returns to a set format, and is always the same:

The agent has a horrified look on his face, and says, "My God! What do you call this act?"

The performer answers, "The Aristocrats."

The comedians that will be telling the joke include:

Robin Williams, Drew Carey, Phyllis Diller, Jon Stewart, Richard Lewis, Jason Alexander, Steven Wright, Paul Reiser, Don Rickles, the South Park kids, Billy the Mime, Carrot Top, the Smothers Brothers, Gilbert Gottfried, Kevin Pollack, Andy Richter, Eric Idle, Mario Cantone, Hank Azaria, Merrill Markoe, Judy Gold, and more!

Has anyone seen it at any of the film festivals?

I'm thinking it will be an experience somewhere along the lines of Bad/Badder Santa.

On 2005-01-26 14:22, Geeky Tiki wrote:
The Aristocrats is a new movie by Penn Jillette and Paul Provenza that will feature a cast of comedians all telling the same joke.

Didn't Disney do that one with animated felines?

HT

That would be The AristaCATS

Well, (ahem), er, I found a link to a clip from the movie.

Advisory: Much profanity and verbal pronography, delivered by the South Park kids. Kinda like Eminem meets Redd Fox, so proceed at your own risk.

http://www.waxy.org/random/video/southpark_aristocrats.wmv

Well, while I was looking for more, I found this instead:

http://www.daddydesign.com/Barney.html

Best Barney video, ever.

Sorry Geeky to crash in on your thread.
I totally forgot about Disney's "The Aristocats" (As cynfulcynner mentioned).
I saw this in the theater and remember the animated windows that they had of the movie, just as you walked into Disneyland on Main St.
Great memories. :)

I never saw that episode of Barney before - (good one GT)

Hey, I hope CES was good for you this year.

-Beatnikine

Pages: 1 6 replies