Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Transformers Re-issue

Pages: 1 18 replies

I was just walking around the local Toys-R-Us when I found a whole shelf of the orginal looking Transformers from 1985! They were priced from 14.99 to 29.99. Looked it up on Hasbros website and found this:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/energon/pl/PG.1/SUBBRANDID.62/PAGE.browse/dn/default.cfm

I also found "Smokescreen" ( The cool Z-240 looking Autobot) on sale at Amazon for 9.99!

I only had a few of these as a kid, now I can own them all! Yea! Autobots, Move out!!

(ok...I'm offically a BIG NERD!)

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2005-01-28 07:29 ]

I love transformers! My very first one was Bumble Bee, a gift from one of my brothers.

I saw Optimus Prime on the big screen while waiting for a movie to start last week! Not sure what they were selling.

My Wahine has helped fuel my Transformers collection almost as much as my Tiki. I have the re-issue of Optimus Prime (MIB) and "evil optimus" and Unicron.
Infact I have an extra Unicron if someone wants to take him off my hands, just name a price. I'm jobless. I have alot of bootlegged TF's as well.

HH

Predaking!!!

[ Edited by: ZebraTiki on 2005-02-23 17:23 ]

M

On 2005-01-28 20:20, hula hula wrote:
Predaking!!!

This brings you out of hiding?

Folks- we need to get an intervention team out to Vegas stat!

HH

naw it was a 3 fat blunts and ohta san in da background

You got the touch
You got the power

After all is said and done
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets
Break the rules, take the heat
You're nobody's fool

You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch
You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose
You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart
You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough
You got the touch

You never bend, you never break
You seem to know just what it takes
You're a fighter

It's in the blood, it's in the will
It's in the mighty hands of steel
When you're standin' your ground

And you never get hit when your back's to the wall
Gonna fight to the end and you're takin' it all

You got the touch
You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose
You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart
You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough
You got the touch

You're fightin' fire with fire
You know you got the touch

You're at your best when when the road gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch
You got the power

You got the touch
You got the power

Ah yes.. the song that will light our darkest hour. Dirk Diggler sang it in Boggie Nights as well.

TM

I know! they are the most stupid, inane and generic lyrics ever written. I love it!

"I still think the bass is taking away from my vocals"

MP or YP?

R

Cool--good to see transformers have some fan base here among the tiki folks (you have to love your inner child--and not the way you're thinking, Unkle John). Anyway, I tried to trade some origional transformers for tiki stuff here last year or so, but had no real offers. I was looking for mugs mainly, and my collection of mugs is rather limited than my collection of transformers (which are all out of the box and have some levels of wear from playing and accessory parts are pretty much a no).

J

Maybe I was too old or maybe I didn't really get into the cartoon but Transformers only held my attention long enough to transform them back and forth a few times then lose interest. I had a younger friend who would spend hours playing with the things! Has anyone noticed a complete resurgance in toys from the 80's... at Christmas I was in Toys R Us and saw Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Bright, Cabbage Patch dolls, My Little Ponies... these toy designers must be running outta ideas! Don't get me wrong I love seeing all the old toys I knew as a kids being introduced to a new generation and I guess they're a lot better than this Pokemon crap coming out of Japan but damn...does anyone have any original ideas anymore?

I

does anyone have any original ideas anymore?

I thought this idea was pretty cool -- a
Space-Age Ant Farm!

http://www.fascinations.com/antworks.htm

Vern

R

Well, what always made me mad was when they tried to capitolize on classic toys and new fads--environmentalism was popular for kids in the late 90's so you got transformers that turned into animals. Animals and robots don't mix. What crap. At least they finally figured out transformers were cool because they were robots and cars and vehicles, both of which little boys think are cool.
And yes, the toy companies are out of ideas mainly because the cartoon industry is putting out utter crap. Only the japanese still make cartoons with some collector appeal, but they over do it (kind of funny pokemon put the whole collector think into the plot--must collect them all!). As for me, I'll stick to my memories of transformers and voltron.

micronauts...

Ah yes, Voltron and Micronauts.

Hey did anyone know that they released reproductions of the Tron toys? I believe Tomy originally made them, but I can't recall the new company. I still have my two light cycles.

R

I have some of the origional voltrons--complete with lead paint! I forget where they are though, and I don't feel too good after touching them.

If anyone who is interested ought to getthe Arari Transformers game for PS2. Freekin awesome. It's my #1 game in my collection. Plus it has tiki in it.

R

What you ought to do is trade me tiki mugs for my old transformer toys.

Pages: 1 18 replies