S

I love Rocketbuster boots,
They have had hula girl boots
I coveted for a long time.
Way beyond my $$$ range, but just
decided to go back and take a look, and
found out they have tiki boots now!
http://www.rocketbuster.com/bootsCatFadedPeach.php
y'all probably knew this, but just in case, check em out...

wow, those are cool boots but they cost more than some of the CARS I've purchased!

D

dangergirl, that is so funny ~ we think a little alike! i look atMSRP for a '90 hardtop)... saw the boots and calculated "thats nearly half a miata!"

thems some fancy dancing boots, sweetpea ~ let us know where we can see you hoofing in them!

S

ha, you'll be joining me in my dreams.
haahahah, well, maybe someday I'll win the
lottery, then I'll have custom boots made fer all the TC members! wheeeeee
Pea

WOW! But you would want to wear your pants inside the boots so people could see them. Or....who needs pants? Reminds me of a story.

Even in a genre that has nothing to do with tiki - those boots are the most expensive model in the line!!!!

Yep, I think I'll get a pair of those AND the custom-matched belt to wear while mucking out the stall! Actually, they would be cool for barrel racing competitions, but the horse didn't cost that much! I have bought MGs that were less than that! But I still want them.

M

Ha ha, 'bout time they put out something like those. I once joked with the owner about trading some mugs I sold to him for a pair of the hula girl boots. I don't wear much (any) cowboy attire, 'cept I did have a pair of leather chaps and some spurs, long story.

Marty is a first-class tiki collector, and all-around good fellar. El Paso being so far East in Texas, one may say it's on the edge of the state.

On 2005-01-29 10:12, midnite_tiki wrote:
Marty is a first-class tiki collector, and all-around good fellar. El Paso being so far East in Texas, one may say it's on the edge of the state.

Oooh! Oooh! Do I get the prize for guessing this one?

I

I found the perfect coat to go with a pair of those hula girl boots.

The Frist Museum in Nashville has an exhibit of 50 different made by Manuel - who makes cowboy 'Nudie' type coats for all sorts of celebrities and cowboy stars. Each coat represents a different state, and the one for Hawaii is shown on this website

http://www.fristcenter.org/exhibits.cfm?section=exhibits

A trip to Nashville has suddenly risen to the top of my 'sites I need to see soon' list.

Vern

W

Miss 'Pea, it's too bad you don't have some sorta licensing agreement for the "Sweet Pea" & "Sweet Pea Brown" boots they have on page 8. (And I don't get why such plain boots have such a fancy lady's name on them.)

M
  • Oooh! Oooh! Do I get the prize for guessing this one? *

Well, I did throw a curveball in their with "east". El Paso being a lot of things but not East Texas.

Funny thing about Marty's business, I knew him through the Tiki stuff for quite some time, but always thought he was strictly a photographer. Saw his company featured on some television program, by complete surpise did I learn that was Marty, the Marty Snortum! One remembers a name like that.

The Tiki mug collection at his cinema/home is staggering.

Pages: 1 10 replies