Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

TikiTommy visiting Los Angeles / Hello David and Joelle in Ft. Lauderdale!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hi all,

My friend and I are heading out to Los Angeles mid-February for some sun and warmth, something not present here in Pittsburgh at this time. At any rate, we are looking for some tiki joints to haunt. We will be staying in West Hollywood on Sunset Blvd. Any suggestions are appreciated. Last February we met up with Dave and Joelle in Fort Lauderdale and had a blast at the Mai Kai. If you both see this posting, Jill and I say hi!!

It's cold and raining in L.A. right now, I hope it warms up for you in February! Any way, if you want to meet for dinner at the Bahooka, Krustiki and I are usually ready to go!

Ookoo Lady,

I appreciate the offer/response. Will keep you posted. As far as the weather, can you work some magic for our arrival?? BTW, what is the Bahooka like? I will have to look in my Tiki Road Trip book by James Teitelbaum, for I am sure there is a description about it. Take care.

The Bahooka is out favorite local tiki-esque restuarant, although some people feel it's more nautical than tiki.

You can learn more about it doing a search in the "Locating Tiki" forum on this website, then go to critiki.com and do a search on Bahooka, then check their own website at bahooka.com Anyway, it's a fun place and we love it.

I'll see what I can do about the weather....

You could also look up Los Angeles on Critiki, by either clicking on the "By Globe" link & finding LA on the map, or by clicking on "By Location" & looking up LA, Hollywood, North Hollywood, Anaheim, and other LA area locales.

I know Humuhumu is planning on adding a "By Destination" listing of LA & OC area Tiki destinations to Critiki. It's alot of work to complete, but maybe she'll have it done before you make your trip.

Hey tikitommy, forecast for the rest of this week is low to mid 70s on the westside near the beaches, warmer in the valleys. This does seem to be a wetter than usual winter for us though.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the input. My friend and I will be out in L.A. on the 16th, and we are staying through the 20th. Again, if possible, it would be nice to meet up with some of you. Will keep you posted. Take care, and remember, spring is just around the corner.

Pages: 1 6 replies