This cool hotel only has 44 rooms.
Booked!
Addendum:
No, not the hotel.....me.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2005-01-30 09:53 ]

A discussion on the Pheonix hotel is here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8262&forum=1

A website is here:

http://www.jdvhospitality.com/hotels/hotel/12?

It's a pretty trendy motel, as you might guess from the website. The last time I was at the adjoining bar, it was a frat-boy/Marina yuppie hell, but was fun because my friend's sister in-law looked EXACTLY like Uma Thurman and everyone thought we were her posse! It was fun fooling the fan-boy dorks. But as others have said, it's a sketchy neighborhood at night, probably perfect for a rowdy TC after-party!

Who wants to split a room? Let me know.....

M

The BamBuddha Bar is pretty trendy, but there are some decent cocktails and good food. It's not likely that you'll have much time to hang out in that bar- we have plans for you people, you know. The hotel has a good vibe, and like any hotel: If you put enough TCers in one place, it becomes a tiki themed hotel!

I know it's a little more than last year's hotel, but as anyone who's been to SF knows, free parking for a day in SF is worth a load of cash right there.

On 2005-01-30 23:42, Tiki-bot wrote:
But as others have said, it's a sketchy neighborhood at night, probably perfect for a rowdy TC after-party!

Audio Reply

Monkeyman - I'd be up for splitting a room with you.

Sabu.

booked. Inn like Flynn

According to the guy I spoke with at the hotel, the price per night is for Double occupancy.

Additional Guests (more than 2) are $20 per night.

I say split it 40/40/20 for 3 people

Two people pay 40% of the bill and get a bed. One person pays 20% and gets the floor.

Everyone gets a deal...

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-01-31 17:16 ]

in,.....heads up......double occupancy only guarantees one parking space.

WATAH!
Looks like I'll be rooming with JungleTrader. Looking forward to the Crawl!

M

Cool PolyPop! Too bad you're not allowed on the bus this year!

Oh Martiki, you're such a big mean man. You had better include the Bamboo Hut in the Crawl. I love that place so much I could live there. And bring your freakin' Casper comics dammit.

H

Just to clarify: the hotel accomodations page emphasises the discount being offered to us on Friday & Saturday, but remember that the crawl actually begins Thursday (rates are already lower on weeknights). If you want to enjoy all four days of the crawl (Thurs-Sun), you'll be staying three nights, not two.

T

What is the thursday event? I just booked my flight, I land in San Fran 7:30 thursday night... so where do I tell the cabby to go?

M

The monkeybus will be in Monterey on Thursday night with Virani, Sabu, Unga and possibly others. Have fun. How do you know that there are activities on Thursday? I haven't seen any kind of a tentative schedule?

H

On 2005-02-03 18:16, Monkeyman wrote:
How do you know that there are activities on Thursday? I haven't seen any kind of a tentative schedule?

They haven't posted a specific schedule yet, so I don't personally know what Thursday has in store for us, but the announced dates per the "Tiki Crawl dates SET IN STONE!" announcement and the main crawl webpage are:

Final dates:

March 31st - April 3rd

With the Big Crawl being on Saturday, April 2nd

M

There are definitely activities for Thursday Night. I know. Trust me. Try to get in early.

Glad you can make it Tikifish!!! I don't have the times for everything pinned down just yet, but we'll take care of you. Even if Hanford has to go pick you up at the airport. :wink:

On 2005-02-03 15:19, tikifish wrote:
I just booked my flight, I land in San Fran 7:30 thursday night...

Just booked my flight as well. I won't be making the Thursday night event as I'll be flying in on Friday morning and taking the BART from Oakland Airport.... (unless some good soul is willing to pick me up???? :) )

D

Hello! I was just told about this forum by Sweetpea and the Sf Tiki Crawl sounds like amazing fun :D

Just thought I'd say hello!

Suzanne

UB

On 2005-02-07 16:24, divapinup wrote:
Hello! I was just told about this forum by Sweetpea and the Sf Tiki Crawl sounds like amazing fun :D

Just thought I'd say hello!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne!
Welcome to the party.

I'm working on convincing my boss release me from my shackles so I can attend this time!!!

M

Bump!

Just a reminder to book this hotel SOON if you are plannig on coming. It's filling up and it's going to be THE place to be during the crawl for after parties and general madness. We need to take it over!! There's only 44 rooms so act now! now! now!

S

Done and Done.

We're in the process of working out the logistics for our daughters sitter. We'll most likely drop her off w/ family in Sacramento, but,, just in case...

Is anyone by chance bringing kids with them that are old enough to watch a 7yr old at the hotel during the Crawl hours? One thing I've learned about extended family and making plans, is to ALWAYS have a back up plan.

A

BOOKED!!!!!
Mahalo,
Al

V

On 2005-02-03 18:16, Monkeyman wrote:
The monkeybus will be in Monterey on Thursday night with Virani, Sabu, Unga and possibly others.

Don't forget Madame Virani :wink:

Thursday in Monterey? Unga You hostin?
I just got my room reserved for Fri and Sat.
Bring it on like King Kong!

Chongolio

the cleen/hat duo are booked for saturday nite at the pheonix! we'll also attend the thursday activities at unga's pad! can't wait to see everyone! happy happy happy!

M

Whoa gang...like I said, there's definitely Thursday night activities in SF. I have to STRONGLY encourage you to get all the way up here for Thursday night. Particularly if you like LIVE MUSIC!!! From bands you like. Bands who would like to see you.

Please try to make it up- you'll be glad you did. I'm sorry if we haven't got all the details posted to the site yet, but we did say it was happenin' on Thursday as well.

There has been a change of itinerary for the monkeybus.

The monkeybus will be driving up on Thursday to participate in PreCrawl activities around the bay area.

I will be bringing Sabu, Virani, Mrs. Virani, and Monkeyman. I can fit one more if anyone wants to reserve a seat. We will be spinning hours and hours of lounge, exotica, hapa haole tunes and more on the drive. Footrests for backseat passengers and a table for craft time.

What is this Tiki Crawl? Do you mean in the city, San Fransisco? When? Can I go? I'm new and not knowing these things. I can get a house/ condo, but where do you everyone go to? Will I be near to you?

I am seeing this thing I will click on and kknow- Uff Duh.

Me and the hubby are trying to fanangle this trip. Gotta get the lil one's taken care of. So why do we need a hotel room? It sounds like there won't be time to sleep! Who needs sleep? Can I crash at my cousin's pad in Citrus Heights- it's about an hour away. In good traffic. Or I can ride BART all night. I know this dude with a boat at the harbor. Could I stay there and still get the full tiki experience?

Booked for Saturday night at the Phoenix!!
I just realized the cut off for the rates offered was the 18th. Just called & I got the rate anyway!
Good times!
Yeehaw!!

M

On 2005-02-24 20:09, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
Me and the hubby are trying to fanangle this trip. Gotta get the lil one's taken care of. So why do we need a hotel room? It sounds like there won't be time to sleep! Who needs sleep? Can I crash at my cousin's pad in Citrus Heights- it's about an hour away. In good traffic. Or I can ride BART all night. I know this dude with a boat at the harbor. Could I stay there and still get the full tiki experience?

Citrus Heights is a hell of a hoof. You don't need to stay at the Phoenix to have the full experience, but I think it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun. Wish I was staying there! BART doesn't run all night, and there's usually some kinky stuff going on in the rear of the train by the end of the night.

Full schedule is coming in the next day or two, plus the first chance to buy tickets for the Magic Bus!

Pages: 1 34 replies