Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Can Anyone Verify This Please

Pages: 1 17 replies

Badmojo brought this to my attention.
1920's? I don't think so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3954412713&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Is it just me, or is that the same mug that goes for $20 MAX on ebay lately? And that can be easily found at a thrift/antique store.

I'd love to buy it, but I'm saving all my money for a vintage WWII-era Chia Pet.

H
Helz posted on Sun, Jan 30, 2005 12:05 PM

Is this that same mug?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3954408158&rd=1

(And of course, neither are my auctions)

[ Edited by: HelzTiki on 2005-01-30 12:07 ]

S

I don't think so Helztiki. I'm pretty sure the one your link points to is from an earlier age. Perhaps circa 1860.

Good work Helz, that's it.
Look at the bidding history. Just two bidders; princesskaiolani and kahalawahine.
kahalawahine is the patsy and princesskaiolani is the stacker/con(I forgot the other word for it.), I am only guessing.
princesskaiolani has no/zero feedback score.
I'm just walking out the door and don't have time to do this, someone should email kahalawahine and let her know she's being scammed.
Another classic story on Ebay.

TM

Maybe the seller miskeyed when writing the description. The '2' as in 1920 is just above the '5' key, as in 1950.

H
Helz posted on Sun, Jan 30, 2005 2:27 PM

Unga,

Per your suggestion, I dropped her(Him?) a note to say that there is a possibilty that something shady may be going on and to just be careful. I also included a link to this discussion, so maybe we'll make a new friend as well.

Nothing like charging up the ol' karma battery.

Humu, if you miss out on the Chia pet, I have a lead on a mood ring alleged to have been in the Medici family for generations.

Oh, and a pet rock from Stone Hedge.

TD

My guess is that both are legit bidders. princesskaiolani has bid on a half dozen or so vintage Hawaiiana items from various sellers.

A shill will typically bid only a particular sellers items.

As far as the seller goes most of his/her auctions are for supposedly vintage or antique items.

It's probably a case of a bidding war on a item that neither know the value of. Sad that the loser of the auction is the winner.

B

Ha, I wondered if anyone noticed when I put the link on Shout. About a year ago I watched 2 newbs get into a bidding war over a comman Leilani. Ended up selling for about $90.

Now princesskaiolani all of a sudden has one positive feedback. Now I would say with Tikidude, that they are both legit.
Interesting chain of events.
Hope neither one has to buy this.

H
Helz posted on Sun, Jan 30, 2005 5:37 PM

I'd have to agree that it does look legit. Just trying to do the right thing. It's just a shame that thoughts like this even have to come up.

But I'd be interested in the Pet Rock...:wink:

TM

The mug posted by Unga went fo $66.50!!! The same mug, posted by Helz fetched $20.50. This is all so confusing...

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-01-30 18:02 ]

HT

Hah! Told you, $20, it's weird! Soon, you won't be able to get a mug for under $20:-(

B

[i]Soon, you won't be able to get a mug for under $20:-(

Shit! I got caught up in Trivial Pursuit and forgot to check in on this!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6149030554&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

i got the $20.50 one. was watching the other, and laughing. i think there were 3 of those mugs listed at the same time.

H
Helz posted on Wed, Feb 2, 2005 5:23 PM

I noticed that myself BigKahuna...I was like "Hey, I've bought mugs from that guy!"

Cool to see you here on TC!

Pages: 1 17 replies