Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki oasis v - accommodations

Pages: 1 20 replies

We are currently negotiating for a third venue to house Tiki Oasis V participants. AS INDICATED BEFORE, ACCESS TO THE EVENT IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH PURCHASE OF ACCOMMODATIONS AT A TIKI OASIS DESIGNATED HOTEL. Purchasing acommodations at a non-designated hotel will not allow you access to the event. All event access hotel accommodations must be purchased through http://www.Calientetropics.com. We expect the third hotel choice to be announced by February 20. Wait-lists are not available. Simply check Tiki Central or Tiki News for updates.

Mahalo

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2005-01-30 15:21 ]

whatever mailing list that is, put me on it.

• Mr. doesn't make accomodations quickly

I'm confused--just after the Cliente sold out you announced that day tickets would be sold. Did you change your mind? or was I hallucinating?

I bought day tickets from Otto via Paypal after finding that the Caliente and Royal Sun were sold out. If another venue opens, I'm wondering if I can purchase a package & get refunded on the day tickets that i already bought? If not, that's cool - I'll just stick w/ the Travelodge. Just curious.

A-A

Also,
Is there a limit on the tickets that will be sold?

On 2005-01-31 13:15, Aaron's Akua wrote:
I bought day tickets from Otto via Paypal after finding that the Caliente and Royal Sun were sold out. If another venue opens, I'm wondering if I can purchase a package & get refunded on the day tickets that i already bought? If not, that's cool - I'll just stick w/ the Travelodge. Just curious.

A-A

Same here. I just sent Otto payment for the tickets last week and booked a room at the Motel 6. Are the tickets being sold if you have accommodations elsewhere, or not? Tiki News website says that they're accepting tix at 40 bones a pop. Doesn’t say anything about booking a room. What's the dealio?

Does this mean if I were to stay with relatives in Palm Springs, I cannot attend Oasis V? Need clarification!

DZ

I don't really want to rock the boat or anything, but if NO day passes are available, what did all this mean? Just curious...

On 2004-08-13 15:16, Otto wrote:
Hey everyone!

There will be weekend pass tickets available for people who are not staying in either hotel. Repeat: THERE WILL BE WEEKEND DAY PASSES SOLD FOR TIKI OASIS V! We will have a limited amount of these weekend passes as there is a limited capacity on the hotel grounds. Day passes will be sold for a limited time. Tiki Central and Tiki News subscribers will get a month or two head start on the general public so if it sells out based solely on the dedicated Tiki lovers then all the better!!

When we are ready to sell those tickets I will post it to the new thread for Tiki Oasis 5 which is titled update (or something like that)

In order to accommodate everyone for Tiki Oasis V we are working out the details for non hotel-package tickets, aka Day Passes. It was our intention to make the hotel rooms available as soon as possible and also to give Tiki Central members a 48 hour head start over Tiki News subscribers. Therefore the hotel rooms were made available as soon as Casey got everything arranged.

BUT
please note that additional tickets for extra room guests (ie if more than two people are staying in one room) are available through the hotel and can be purchased now from the Caliente tropics. So please let the hotel know of your extra guests and book them accordingly!

Our goal is to offer wide options but to maintain the exclusive sense of the event. We still recommend that people stay at the hotel to have the complete Tiki Oasis experience. Overall you can see that the hotel package deal is way better than anything we've offered in the past!

Sorry for the delay in addressing this issue. Thanks to a TC friend for letting us know of these postings! Baby Doe and I are not that active on TC due to crazy work and life schedules so we don't always know about these discussions in a timely fashion.

Look forward to seeing you all at Tiki Oasis V!

Ahoy,
Otto

On 2004-08-17 22:45, CaseyJPS wrote:
There are plenty of affordable rooms available at the Royal Sun Inn, just two doors away from the Caliente tropics Resort. Please follow the instructions as listed in the opening of this listing. We have decided to make day passes available since the original listing, but I can guarantee you they will not be available at $40 each, they will be considerably more. Otherwise, two adult tickets are included with every room you purchase at the Royal Sun Inn.
Mahalo!

I shot an email off to Otto this AM. The Tiki News/Tiki Oasis V website clearly says that event tickets are being sold for 40 bucks a person. I'm sure there's just some kind of miscommunication here....at least I hope so.

TT

Both places sold out? I have a room at the Royal Sun, but I tried very hard to get a room at the Caliente one day after it was booked solid. Does this mean the Oasis is going to be over-crowded? Not to sound spoiled, but I liked the fact that only 200 or so could get in. It sounds as though with two hotels being sold out and another hotel being brought in this could get so crowded you won't be able to fit in the pool. Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing and the Tiki Oasis won't turn into a Disney like event with lines for the bathroom.

TR

On 2005-02-01 16:45, ted tiki wrote:
Both places sold out? I have a room at the Royal Sun, but I tried very hard to get a room at the Caliente one day after it was booked solid. Does this mean the Oasis is going to be over-crowded? Not to sound spoiled, but I liked the fact that only 200 or so could get in. It sounds as though with two hotels being sold out and another hotel being brought in this could get so crowded you won't be able to fit in the pool. Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing and the Tiki Oasis won't turn into a Disney like event with lines for the bathroom.

Not worried about the pool...just hope to fit in the bar.

CA

Moth-man "I shot an email off to Otto this AM. The Tiki News/Tiki Oasis V website clearly says that event tickets are being sold for 40 bucks a person. I'm sure there's just some kind of miscommunication here....at least I hope so."

inside scoop... things are being worked on, no need to wack out till something in posted.

Hey AL. Thanks for the update. I already talked to Otto about it and he says all is good.

On 2005-02-01 20:16, Tiki Rider wrote:

On 2005-02-01 16:45, ted tiki wrote:
It sounds as though with two hotels being sold out and another hotel being brought in this could get so crowded you won't be able to fit in the pool. Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing and the Tiki Oasis won't turn into a Disney like event with lines for the bathroom.

Not worried about the pool...just hope to fit in the bar.

Last year, on Sunday afternoon, the sheen of suntan lotion on the pool was a little, slick. I was just thinking about 'the guy who stood in the shallow end, quaffing cocktails for hours, and NEVER left the pool...'

and tiki-bot and scrimshaw, floating around on their aircraft carrier barge raft with a jug full of coronado luau punch...oops spillage.

yeah, the pool should be nice and funky!

Is there any way to get into the vendor bazaar area only without paying for a full $40 day pass? My wife and I were planning on stopping by on Sat. afternoon, but that would cost us $80 just to get in. I would much rather most of that money go to a tiki artisan and take home some cool merch. Wouldn't the folks trying to sell stuff benefit from more walk up business too? We don't want to take up any pool space, just be able to shop for cool tiki art from lots of artists all in one location.

CA

Jim, this is an unofficial response...
your great idea is one that has been bantered about, as well as many others.

however you should know that Tiki Oasis, although growing out of it's britches, is still a grass roots 'get together', largely ran by helpful volunteers, at a "Drive up Motel!". The Idea is for like minded folks to have a "weekend" of tiki bliss......... Vending is a second, and 'extra plus' for the 'Participants.
The quality (for the most part) of the vendors is also a plus.

Given the 'nature' of the 'Event'... There is almost no way to separate vending from the 'whole package'... the logistics just aren't going to work.

If you are interested in 'a shopping spree', then you should support the "Cruz" New Hawaiian/tiki/surf Show in Nov. I think that show is $8-10

Al, thanks for the info, we'll definately keep an eye out for the "Cruz" later this year. We'll still bring the tandem on out for a ride by of the Oasis, partly because we celebrated our wedding aniversary by staying at the Caliente for a getaway weekend about 14 months ago, before I found this site, and there were only like 2 or 3 cars in the whole lot! It'll be real cool to see the place hoppin' with the TC crowd.

Has the third hotel been selected yet? I need to start booking things. HELP!!

I second that emotion.

Chongolio

T

I Third that emotion....
Anxiously waiting.....

B

I hope I answer some of the questions...

You can buy WEEKEND passes for $40 (until March 15th - after that date we will be sold out)

It will be about the same amount of people as in the past (maybe less). So room in the pool should be fine.

The Vagabond was added as a hotel BUT you will need to buy a weekend pass as it does not come with the room!

Check out: http://www.tikinews.com for info

We are human so mistakes in our posts, wording, etc happens.

Hope you all get your tix and can join in on the fun!

Pages: 1 20 replies