Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Would you dog in it's own blood?

Pages: 1 21 replies

Just bought a can of "Dog in it's own blood", from a Chinese supermarket.

(pictured here with a Tiki mentioned recently in another thread just in case you think I've just grabbed the photo from the internet).

Anyone tried it? What do you do - just heat and eat? What with? Rice?

Trader Woody

No way?! :o :o :o Is that real? Could 'Dog in it's own blood' be something completely different that got screwed up in the translation? Maybe it's supposed to be some kind of blood-flavored dog food. Would this even be legal in the U.S.? Boy, P.E.T.A. would have a field day with this one.

If you really eat this, you must give a review.

That's funny, "Chinese Supermarket" by Dog In Its Own Blood is playing on my Ipod right now!

Sabu

Sabu,
Once again... You DA man!

Don't get your hopes up. The last one I had was just a puppy and the blood was infected!

Don't look!

edited per Tiki-Bot's stomach.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi on 2005-01-31 12:34 ]

On 2005-01-31 11:05, finkdaddy wrote:
...Boy, P.E.T.A. would have a field day with this one.

Why? Because Americans only slaughter (or hunt) and eat pigs, cows, chickens, lambs, horses, deer, racoons, possum, every kind of waterfowl, snakes, crocodiles, turtles, grouse, pheasant, and turkeys? But eating dogs is disgusting.

And Haka, I think you need to post your pic as link cuz that's the grossest things I've ever seen on TC. (:-P

/Not a veg...I love all the edible animals.

That can is totally disgusting, they never use 100% Samoyed. It's almost always mixed in with more mutt than anything, and maybe some cat depending on what the dogs had eaten recently.

Heck, frequently, it's not even the dogs "own" blood. It could be ANY ol' dog's blood for all we know.

Blatantly misleading labelling, for sure.

I used to work at a place near a dog racing track in Colorado, and every Monday morning, they'd bring in all the carcasses of the slow dogs and "donate" them to the comparative anatomy lab. They'd actually stack them on their backs with their legs holding the dog above in place, like how you would stack spoons, sort of.

Side question: Other than fish, I think the meat I eat is of primarily that of herbivores. Are there any carnivore/omnivores that are socially accepted as a meat source here?

Do they feed pigs meat?

Hmmm, is there beef in chicken feed?

according to Fast Food Nation, some places do (or used to) feed cows and pigs feed that contained parts of dead cows and pigs, etc. this is how the mad cow disease was spreading - animals eating the diseased animal parts (the diseased animals cannot be fed to human but there are or were no law prohibiting them being fed to other animals!).

most people who read Fast Food Nation promptly stop eating Fast Food. On the plus side, I have on good authority that a McDonald's burger is more TVP (texturized vegetable protein; a non-meat) than meat!

As to what animals we choose to eat; wasn't it explained in Pulp Fiction:

T

I read FFN years ago, but had actually stopped eating fast food 10 years before that. It's a great book and details exactly how fast food got to be what it is today. You're probably right, DG, anyone who reads it probably does stop eating fast food, or at least just patronizes the better quality establishments (Yay, In-N-Out Burger!).

And here's one charming muthaf***in' pig :)

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-01-31 14:32 ]

D

oh man... creeps me out, but on the other hand, i collect Samoyed/Spitz/American Eskimo Dogs stuff.

somehow, i think my Dog Club would be freaked if they saw that at the next potluck.

so,
if you find another can, or want to part with that label once you're done snacking.. send it to me!

elicia

Do you have anything without so much Spitz in it?
It has to be Dachshund-Safe, though.

D

Groucho Marx used to say:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

(same dog? same roland?)

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2005-01-31 21:56 ]

I'm a mog!
Spaceballs

Yep, pigs eat people. There has been an ongoing case at a local farm with a fellow by the name of Robert "Willy" Pickton. Apparently, he picked up prostitutes, murdered them and ended up feeding the remains to his pigs. He was also selling the pig meat, which was contaminated with human. Ewwww. A friend of mine was a sheriff at the time of his trial, and had to transport him to court quite a few times. Me thinks it would be hard to keep quiet.

"More women victims were linked to the pig farm owned by 54-year-old Robert Pickton. The recent discovery increased the tally to 30 women whose remains have been found on the farm. Fox News reported some of the gruesome details: "Police found human body parts in freezers used to store unsold meat. They also discovered remains in a wood chipper -- the victims' bodies turned into pig feed."

from this story

He was also selling the pig meat, which was contaminated with human.

Hmmmm.... Long Pig-Pig

[ Edited by: cheekytiki on 2005-02-02 01:35 ]

D

i told my husband about Canned Dog ~ and he said "Thats why they call 'em Chows"

OK folks, I confess. This isn't really a can of dog, probably a can of dog food in actual fact. I picked it up from an art gallery in Manchester from a variety of animals in their own fluids. I also got a can of 'Goat in it's own cheese'.

Here's the full array of animals:

You can print out labels for most of these and stick them on your own cans at:
http://uk.geocities.com/samtrees/animal/tins2.html

Remember, April Fool's day is just around the corner!

Trader Woody

H

On 2005-02-04 10:56, Trader Woody wrote:
OK folks, I confess. This isn't really a can of dog, ...

And I suppose this supposed evidence isn't real either: is it?

Z

On 2005-02-04 10:56, Trader Woody wrote:
You can print out labels for most of these and stick them on your own cans at:
http://uk.geocities.com/samtrees/animal/tins2.html

Remember, April Fool's day is just around the corner!

Trader Woody

Finally! A good reason to buy a color printer! Squid in its own ink, mmmm, inky!

If it had been Dog, the best way to cook it would be in a WOK...

Pages: 1 21 replies