Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kahiki Barrel Mug

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Been noticing on ebay that a lot of barrel mugs from the Kahiki have been showing up. I've been collecting for about 5 years, and only recently have I seen these. Can anyone verify that these are indeed vintage, or are they something the Kahiki has recently produced for their gift shop at the factory. Mahalo for any info!

They were around until the restaurant closed, so these might be back stock.

they have them at the outlet store. picked one up for a fellow tc'er who traded me a trader vic glass. they are around six bucks and come with a stir stick. they are the original stock that they are trying to get rid of. they tell me they are trying to order new remakes of their mugs for sale. including the mystery bowl.

T

Thanks for the info. It's funny I never saw these before a few months ago, but it just goes to show there's always something to discover!

J

On 2005-02-07 08:52, chisel slinger wrote:
they have them at the outlet store. picked one up for a fellow tc'er who traded me a trader vic glass. they are around six bucks and come with a stir stick. they are the original stock that they are trying to get rid of. they tell me they are trying to order new remakes of their mugs for sale. including the mystery bowl.

Where is the outlet store that you mention located?

Thanks, Rich

I

The Outlet store is located at 1100 Morrison Road, in Gahanna, Ohio.
http://www.kahiki.com/kahikioutlet.php

That website also has this bit of news....

"Contrary to rumors, we do NOT have any plans at this time to open a new restaurant."

On the other hand, the same website says that Kahiki stock rose 190% over the last year.

Vern

Pages: 1 5 replies