Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

$200 buck weekend project

Pages: 1 10 replies

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-14 07:52 ]

S
seamus posted on Wed, Feb 2, 2005 9:37 AM

That looks great!
Is that PVC pipe painted to look like bamboo?

D

Great idea, I saw something like this on some home improvement show once Christopher Lowell I think. What do you have the poles anchored in/on? Here's one of my favorite threads about making fake bamboo out of pipe to look like bamboo.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6800&forum=7

Maybe going around the interior of the roof of the canopy with some split bamboo would clean up the edges abit. Really clever!

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-14 07:52 ]

On 2005-02-02 09:59, DawnTiki wrote:
Great idea, I saw something like this on some home improvement show once Christopher Lowell I think. What do you have the poles anchored in/on? Here's one of my favorite threads about making fake bamboo out of pipe to look like bamboo.

Maybe going around the interior of the roof of the canopy with some split bamboo would clean up the edges abit. Really clever!

Thanks.I was going to add some bamboo as you suggested and the wife liked the rope and look that it had.Ok with me cause it saved a few hours time.It is a platform bed and I just lag bolted them to the sides.I could have made a complete frame to simply go around the bed.Free standing.But what the hell it's an old bed anyway.Enjoyed the link and enlightened me with a few new ideas for making the bamboo.That stuff looks real.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-14 07:54 ]

that's awesome! your wife is lucky!

did you even add one of those imitation sun light bulbs at the top (for SAD)?

On 2005-02-02 11:08, dangergirl299 wrote:
that's awesome! your wife is lucky!

did you even add one of those imitation sun light bulbs at the top (for SAD)?

Never thought of that.Great idea.I will have to look around for one.Of course I may never get her out of bed.I do not know if thats a good thing or not.I will starve to death.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-02-02 12:31 ]

T

wow- like the bed idea and I the bamboo bike is a must. I have just the bike at home for this. The bike is a sad beach cruiser but it won't be for long. Love that. The "free" bamboo bike will look better than the $700.00 dollar bike I bought. Now I can ride with Sponge Bob!

I'D like to see it.Thanks

Thanks martiki for fixing the pics.

On 2005-02-02 09:37, seamus wrote:
That looks great!
Is that PVC pipe painted to look like bamboo?

I prefer real bamboo but when you run out make your own.Actully I have been making this for several years.Pretty easy for the most part.Only took an hour or so for all the pieces you see here.

Pages: 1 10 replies