Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

BenZart Carvings for Sale

Pages: 1 10 replies

B

Here are 4 items I have available. I must give first choice to those on my list who are waiting for works from me. 3 of these are older works I just got back from being out on loan, #'s 20, 24, and 47 and the Latest # 55

Here's # 55

And #20

and #24

and #47

J
JTD posted on Thu, Feb 3, 2005 9:21 AM

Benzart,
I pm'ed you.
JTD

Ach Benz, I just love your Moko heads! I wish I could collect them all and line them up on a miniature skull rack as trophies!

They always remind me of Queequeg in John Huston's "Moby Dick", (although I presume he was supposed to be not a Maori, but a Marquesan warrior). Seeing the film as a boy, I just thought Queequeg was sooo cool, I wanted to be like him!

The actor who played Queequeg was actually an Austrian Baron (!), Friedrich Ledebur, and he also played Melville's Marquesan sidekick Kory Kory in the 1958 "Enchanted Island", and a native in "Voodoo Island" (1957), for which Les Baxter wrote the music...

...more on that in my book on Tiki Movies, which is currently book project #4 on my list :)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-02-03 15:32 ]

B

Thanks BigBro. I think most of su who have been around awhile remember wanting to be like Queequeg. I know I remember wanting to paint my face and I also remember making a harpoon from my dads rake handle for which I received the wrong end of the handle for doing.
More on project # 4???

B

Thanks everyone. The only one left is the new square #55.

TD

Hey BENZART,maybe you can help.i just scored a carving that looks just like the pic at the end of your posts,dark wood about 12
inches tall.hands on hips.there is a piece of masking tape on the bottom ,someone has printed,"WAAKA PEROHUKA" any clue? yhanks TD

TD

Hey BENZART,maybe you can help.i just scored a carving that looks just like the pic at the end of your posts,dark wood about 12
inches tall.hands on hips.there is a piece of masking tape on the bottom ,someone has printed,"WAAKA PEROHUKA" any clue? Thanks TD

B

I'm not sure, but is sounds like a name? Could you post pic's of the carving And the bottom, amybe that would help

47- the moai. I LOVE it! I have been searching for tiny lil tiki's made from real wood for necklaces, bracelettes, etc... forever! My dad, a surfer, had a very cool charm, like in BOT. He thinks it's packed in the bottom of his love van. Which is packed in the bottom of an auto dismantlers yard somewhere. SAD. So, here in California, there are tons of tiki stores, but no jewelry! I want to deck myself in tiki! I want to drip in tiki! I thought if I could find a bead catalog that made them (from REAL wood) that I'd assemble some and try them around the stores here. I dont have the talent to actually carve them myself. So...Can I buy #47?

B

Hi Hau'oli Tiki, thanks for the comps, Unfortunately #47 has been sold. I canmake you another one if you want, or make any other tiki you would like in pendant size.

Hau'oli Tiki, take him up on his offer. You will not regret it.

Pages: 1 10 replies