Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Benzart

Pages: 1 28 replies

Benzart.Reading through the many postings on TC I have noticed you always seem to be one of the first with words of encouragement.I am very impressed with the way you make an honest effort to encourage all new artist and welcome them to TC with kindness.It is obvious your personality reflects in your works of art.Above and Beyond are what comes to mind.I think TC needs more Benzarts and less ????????.Just wanted to thank you for your efforts.

B

I couldnt agree with Son more. Ever since I was a lurker I've seen Benz posts, and he's always the first to share a helpful hint and put in a kind word.

A nice guy and an amazing talent.

He's the man!
Maybe this thread should be combined with "The Greatest Americans" one!

F

Every one should be a little more like Benzart. Web forums and emails are very impersonal at the best of times, yet even in those cold forms of communication, his warm, helpful, and sincere nature always shines through. He will always be my favorite teacher.

Thanks Ben!

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-02-04 10:44 ]

If ever TC offers an award.My vote is Benzart.I have no idea what Ben looks like,but his personality would best be described as Lakesurfers Curvy Smiling Tiki.I love that piece.He looks so Happy and alive.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-02-04 09:06 ]

C

My sentiments exactly...I nominate benzart
for Grand Ceremonial Tribal Chief...he is
the most encouraging of the bunch...always
uplifting to those of us who are simply
hackers havin fun!

Absolutely right. How about a rousing chorus of "For He's a Jolly Good Tiki"?

D

Absolutely concur-he always jumps right in to make people feel welcome-he's a big part of the success of TikiCentral-thanks,Benzart.

On 2005-02-04 10:04, Urban Tiki wrote:
Absolutely right. How about a rousing chorus of "For He's a Jolly Good Tiki"?

And so say all of us!
Cheers, Benzo!

R

After carving my first tiki (with less than desired results) i posted it anyways . Benzart was kind enough to offer tips and kind words . I may have quit after one attempt with out those kind words and the the kindness of others too . Thanks to Benzart and all the other kind people here.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-02-04 16:36 ]

C

we better be careful or ole' ben's gonna
have to get his head shrunken...

D

I all ways hear my old high school shop teacher when I read any of Ben's carving reply. The only thing that I have ever read bad from Ben, was something about blood thristy b------,( hooked blade knifes). Ben, thank you. Doc Tiki

MD

Couldn't agree more, Nicest fella on the planet.......shares and cares......
He's the reason so many great carvers are on here....because he didn't tell them that thier first carving really sucked....even if it did. He told it was good and to keep trying, his advise and expert help have made this place rocking with the most amazing collection of talent anywhere on the web.
Master Ben rules!

C

Yup, a super nice guy who could carve a replication of a gnat's ass out of a splinter. If he wanted to that is.
another friend of the Benz,
Chongolio

F

I had the good fortune to meet Benzart at Hukilau he is a sweetheart. I am the proud owner of the beautiful Benzart #4 pendant.

He is deserving of a special TC title all his own next to his name.

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Feb 4, 2005 7:58 PM

Thanks to the DVD on sharpening he sent me recently, I am on my way to carving instead of just pondering it! I have 2 sets of chisels and a draw knife and hones... A man of action, not just the good words!

B

Wow, you guys, maybe congatiki is right, I may need to get my head shrunk if you keep that up. I have watched most all of you bloom and grow. I remember when I first started carving and the old man I worked for tried everything he could think of to discourage me. I remember thinking if I was ever in a position to help anyone that I would Never offer the discouragement that came from that old man. Besides I see Good in Every carving every one of you do. I would be ashamed to post my first chops compared to what I see from you all.
Well, Heres what I look like if you want to fit me for a crown.

Thanks everyone, especially sonofabeach for his kind words creating this thread.
Thanks

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2005-02-05 20:48 ]

I think Benzart ROCKS!!!! I love all of his posts!! I love every one of his carvings that he shares with us!! He always leaves good positive feedback and he is a great teacher!!! Keep up the great work BEN!!!!
Later,
Spermy

Ben is as nice in person as he is on Tiki Central. What you read is how he is.

UB

Benz Benz Benz Benz Benz!
Apparently words cannot say how cool this man is.

Ben I the best friend I never met. Well, not yet anyway.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the day when I can meet Ben in person, though I feel like we've become good friends already. I have to agree with all that's been said here. Mentor, encourager, official TC greeter, unselfish giver, super nice guy, and unbelievably talented artist. All of the above apply! GO BENZ!!!

R

benzart wrote"Well, Heres what I look like if you want to fit me for a crown"
I give thee King Benzart

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-02-05 20:38 ]

B

RodeoTiki, How could you stoop so low to take advantage of an old crazy man and poke fun at him like that. I Love it THANKS. It is Really what I had in mind when I posted that picture. King Ben,,now That's streeetchhhing it just a tad. Thanks for having the courage to know in your heart that I would love it.
My Momma wood be so proud...

R

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-02-06 21:23 ]

Ben.Somehow I pictured your ears a little shorter.Thanks much.

B

When I have then tied up over my head, they do seem smaller.

This goes triple for me. Ben's a master carver and great friend. There should be a "Benzart Central." Thanks Ben. I couldn't imagine this place without you.

http://www.samgambino.com

M

Benzart is ZAZZ!!! (you can always trust what Mr Smiley says!)

Pages: 1 28 replies