Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Cheekytiki's on his way to LA and the Oasis

Pages: 1 14 replies

Myself and my other half Anjy are going to be coming over to LA on the 30th of April, then we are going to drive up for the Oasis.
If anyone would like to meet up and help show us a few of the local tiki spots and any others, it would be great.
Also, I plan on getting a fair bit of surfing in during the days if anyones up for that.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Feb 4, 2005 11:20 PM

Jeez, its a hard life for some? Yeh, I admit it, I'm, just jealous...

Cheeky, check with Tiki Bong. He might be up for surfing.

I'll hook up w/ you guys at the Tiki Ti? Long time no see.

Hiya, Cheeky! Welcome to California! Looking forward to meeting you and raising a few frosty cups at Oasis.

-Weird Unc

Aloha Cheeky,

I've really appreciated your great art, posts, and helpful comments. It will be great to finally meet you at Oasis.

See you in May,

A-A

Thanks guys looking forward to meeting you too.
Does anyone know of any apartment rentals we could try for the week we are in LA, Close-ish to any of the beaches?
Also could anyone score me something to carve as a friend has asked me to do a piece for him whilst I'm there.
Thanks

I've got some Mexican Fan Palm if you'd like. How big a piece are you doing? These logs are all only about 16-18" long, maybe 9 or 10" diameter. Is that big enough? PM me.

A-A

The plan so far -
Saturday night- Surfin' Sundays-Huntington Beach-Sand Devils if it's still on with everyone else (Bongo fury?) and hopefully find somewhere down there if anyone knows of a reasonable hotel or whatever.
Sunday- chill out, get over jet lag,hopefully get a surf in, then if anyone has a suggestion for a good Sunday night thing.
Mon - Check out Disneyland and probably be staying up in Santa Monica until thurs when we are going to head to Palm springs via OA.
Any suggestions for other things would be welcome, good bands, bars, food etc.

M

Wednesday the 4th, may I suggest the Tiki-Ti?

We'll be there!

TM

On 2005-04-14 06:22, cheekytiki wrote:
The plan so far -
Saturday night- Surfin' Sundays-Huntington Beach-Sand Devils if it's still on with everyone else (Bongo fury?) and hopefully find somewhere down there if anyone knows of a reasonable hotel or whatever.
Sunday- chill out, get over jet lag,hopefully get a surf in, then if anyone has a suggestion for a good Sunday night thing.
Mon - Check out Disneyland and probably be staying up in Santa Monica until thurs when we are going to head to Palm springs via OA.
Any suggestions for other things would be welcome, good bands, bars, food etc.

Man, I'll be out of town (getting back just in time for Oasis) and would have loved to do Disneyland with you! If for some reason the trip gets cancelled I'm in, if that's cool...It's the start of the 40th Anniv.

Check out http://www.ocweekly.com/index2.php for OC happenings

Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio will play the Purple Orchid in El Segundo Saturday, April 30th. It will be a killer show!

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2005-04-14 10:24 ]

Man I can be dumb sometimes.
Surfin sundays is obviously not on Saturday, so maybe we can go to the Purple Orchid after all.

If anyones interesed we are going to The Lava Lounge tonight and will be at the Tiki Ti tomorrow

S

Hey Cheeky,

I just emailed you from work. I'll be there tonight with a friend you might want to meet.

Check your messages and see you tonight.

Cheers.

Pages: 1 14 replies