Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

The KAHIKI Mystery Bowl ! bdler, are you gonna list it?

Pages: 1 4 replies

That is one rare specimen, and I have never seen one in the wild, only in the upstairs office of the Kahiki.

It is not a myth: Not only did the Kahiki take over the Mystery Drink Ritual from the Mai Kai, but they briefly experimented with the open mouth Ku bowl concept. It's cost and fragility must have ended the project early, I assume that very few were produced. The only thing rarer might be that Skipper Kent Ku bowl.

Somebody asked me if I had ever seen one in print, and I remembered where:

On the "People you're apt to meet at Kahiki" page on p. 146 of the BOT, (or even better to see in the larger reproduction in TIKI STYLE on p.32): Andy Williams got one, so do Milton Berle and Gig Young (bottom), with the typical brown exterior/dark green interior glaze.

I wanna see THAT e-bay war if it ever comes to it!

B
bdler3 posted on Sun, Feb 6, 2005 6:44 AM

yes I would love to
where can we find a picture of this drink bowl???

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Feb 6, 2005 7:18 AM

I asked you about it Bigbro. That is my Holy Grail mug I guess. But don't put it up for auction until I am rich enough to bid!

On 2005-02-06 06:44, bdler3 wrote:
yes I would love to
where can we find a picture of this drink bowl???

Well, see above. But also, as I just realized (Dow!) there is a nice view of it in the "Erecting a Tiki Temple" chapter on page 65, the Mystery girl is presenting it to the giant Aku fireplace, straws in mouth and all.

CHA -CHING!

Pages: 1 4 replies