Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

what film???

Pages: 1 7 replies

Check out this photo of some movie being filmed in Waikiki in 1956

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-13 11:53 ]

D

Jeez..if it was a little closer may be I could I.D the people. From that angle it looks like one of the people could be James Coburn (?)

who knows!!

Could it be Forbidden Island?
Not seen it myself, but features Don the Beachcomber regular Martin Denny, and the dates are similar. This from http://www.martindenny.com

"Forbidden Island movie (1959)"
Apparently, Martin Denny appeared in this Charles Griffith directed movie as "Marty". In this 66 minute feature, released by Columbia, a mad treasure hunter hires some frogmen to retrieve an emerald from a sunken wreck. One of the divers finds out that the treasure hunter may have killed someone to get the gem. Guess what, this diver then gets killed too. The frogmen get greedy and kill each other off while the gem rests in (salty) peace.

Trader Woody

V
virani posted on Sat, Feb 5, 2005 3:43 AM

On 2005-02-05 00:59, Trader Woody wrote:
Could it be Forbidden Island?
Trader Woody

No, I don't think so. I have it, and I don't remind seing the Don the beachcomber on it

HT

http://imdb.com/title/tt0052818/

Yup! Forbidden Island. Arthur Lyman is in it too. Stands to reason that Don might be in there.

mr smiley and I watched that movie. I think it took us about 2 or 3 sittings over a week period to get through - only good in small doses! AND, it helps to be pretty snockered.

NOT to say that it's bad or anything, but could have been a good candidate for MST3K, in my humble opinion.

the underwater fight scenes were pretty surreal - everything was in slo mo due to the water resistance, which makes it hard to get into the "horror" of it, and due to the "frogman" archaic diving suits, you can't tell who is who.

I think the highlights were the fabulous dresses the one woman wore, and the "scary" underwater skeleton.

the martin denny scene was right at the beginning. blink and you miss it.

I think some of the leading men were wearing a girdle.

C

One thing I noticed about the internet movie database they have no photo of Martin Denny or Arthur Lyman.

Anyone got a good one they could upload to them?

Also where did you get Forbidden Island, do you have a film copy of it? More importantly where can I get a copy of it?

[ Edited by: captnkirk on 2005-02-05 19:50 ]

V
virani posted on Sun, Feb 6, 2005 5:10 AM

On 2005-02-05 14:58, dangergirl299 wrote:
mr smiley and I watched that movie. I think it took us about 2 or 3 sittings over a week period to get through - only good in small doses! AND, it helps to be pretty snockered.

I agree...

Pages: 1 7 replies