Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Mister Roger's Original Puppets on EBAY

Pages: 1 27 replies

Aloha,
Years ago I purchased five of the original puppets Mister Rogers used on his show. I've got them up on EBAY right now, thought I'd pass them on to someone else. They really are incredible and they belong in a museum or somewhere. So spread the word for me okay! If they don't sell I'll keep them forever I think.
You can find them under my seller id: paul9003 or you can do a search for Rogers Puppets to get to them.
Mahalo.
Paul

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-02-05 19:49 ]

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-02-05 19:52 ]

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-02-05 19:52 ]

I

Very cool puppets. I'm almost tempted to convert my tiki room into a Mister Rogers room - and I didn't even watch Mister Rogers as a kid.

Has anybody else here taken the Mister Rogers train ride attraction at the Storybook Gardens park in Ligonier, PA?

Vern

HT

sniffle. i grew up on mr rogers, and i saw him the week he died. he was a great man. and yes, i have pictures of me on it as a child. the ride, that is.

D

Where's King Friday and Lady Aberlin?

I

From the ebay auction website ....

"This original puppet was used in the first series of black and white Mister Rogers PBS shows from 1968 to sometime in the 1970’s. The original show ran from February 19, 1968 to about 1976, and then was suspended for a few years. The show resumed production in 1979 and continued until 2001. The puppets for the show were remade sometime in the 1970’s and may have been remade several times since then. When the puppets were remade for the show, these original puppets were sent back to A.P.A. Studios (where they were made) and they were on display there until the studio closed in 1997.

I purchased these 5 puppets from Bob Self, the head of A.P.A. studio, on EBAY in 2001. Also for sale at that time were the original King Friday, Lady Elaine Fairchild, Daniel Tiger, X-the Owl and several others. The winner of the other puppets won’t part with them for anything, I know I tried!"

Vern

[ Edited by: ikitnrev on 2005-02-06 06:35 ]

On 2005-02-06 00:27, donhonyc wrote:
Where's King Friday and Lady Aberlin?

Lady Aberlin was played by a human being.

I think you mean Lady Elane Fairchild.

M

With a certificate of authenticity from the Chairman of the Federal Reserve no less! Can't beat that!

Incredible auction. If I had a pot to piss in, Henrietta would have a new home.

What memories.....!

I knew I wouldn't clear reserve, but I just had to be a bidder on one of them!

T

Paul - how can you and Richard part with these???? You guys have an amazing collection - don't break it up!

Aloha Tangaroa!
You know we have SO MUCH STUFF! We're in progress redoing the bedrooms - Richard's in one of them painting right now. We're going modern and I'm selling some the antiques and stuff and using the money towards the new stuff. These puppets are really great and I love them, but I thought I'd put them up because I know there's some people that REALLY love Mister Rogers and maybe they'll go to a good home. If they don't sell I'll keep them forever. I think we can work them into a modern bedroom don't you? Miss seeing you guys - how's Nicole doing?

If you're redoing the place, why not put in some tracks for Trolley?

Ding! Ding!

Could you imagine! Scary enough.
Actually I had an idea the other day to do my bedroom like really something out of the Jetsons, with spaceage type decor, very clean and minimal. The house is modern 60's architecture so it would fit perfectly.

T

Hey Paul -
Nicole is doing good, considering the fact that she is pregnant again! When are you guys gonna be down here next? We really need to have the dinner we promised you two so long ago.....

Congratulations again! A new little tiki baby running around! Good for you both!
Richard will be in Toluca Lake to visit family again next month. I've only been down once since we moved, you know I'm really a homebody! We haven't even been to San Francisco yet since we moved up here, and we keep wanting to do a weekend getaway. But we're so busy all the time! Hey, this is really off topic, but look for me in Mouseplanet again next month - Mark Goldhaber and I are doing a lengthy article about the Norway pavilion with lots of old pictures. All the best,
Paul

M

On 2005-02-06 10:51, Traderpup wrote:
What memories.....!

I knew I wouldn't clear reserve, but I just had to be a bidder on one of them!

Like Pup, I have a soft spot for Henrietta and had to give it a try.

Thanks a lot for kicking off the bidding traderpup - you're a real trooper! And I appreciate it!
Paul

M

Oh, sweet jeezus! I have a confession.
These puppets used to give me nightmares!!! I was tormented by these creatures from the time I was 4 until about 6. I'm convinced they are evil, EVIL I tell you.

Just kidding, I'm sad you have to part with them, and that you are hocking them on eBay. I hope you get what you're asking for them.

Rae

On 2005-02-06 09:10, BarkerBird wrote:
I think you mean Lady Elane Fairchild.

i liked how lady elaine always looked like she had just drank the entire contents of a wine box.

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2005-02-07 13:32 ]

On 2005-02-07 13:31, Johnny Dollar wrote:
i liked how lady elaine always looked like she had just drank the entire contents of a wine box.

That puppet (and Mr. McFeely) gave me nightmares.

I always liked Lady Elaine, she was my favorite. She was always stirring things up. And I'll never forget the way Mister Rogers said in King Friday's voice, "Ladieee Ealaaaiinne Fairchiiild". Yes creepy.

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-02-07 14:49 ]

Z

Just a thought - maybe you should tip off the Smithsonian, or other likely museums that should own these pieces of television history.

I think most of the museums would prefer a donation rather than buy the stuff. Well, there's 2 days left on the auctions and I've recieved quite a few emails from people. One guy says he's going to be the high bidder on all 5. We'll see what happens. If I end up keeping them I'm going to donate them to a museum sometime way in the future.

Perhaps the Pittsburgh Children's Museum. What with Mr Rogers being from Pittsburgh and all.

M

Henrietta is a VERY good kitty!! Well done.

Thanks to all! Yes they are great puppets. One guy in Las Vegas bought 4 of them! So this will help with our new tiki grotto/pond! Who knew?!!
Cheers!

I

Here are the final auction prices, for those who don't have the time or are too lazy too search.

Mr Platypus $1025 (reserve not met)
Mrs Platypus $1025 (reserve not met)
Queen Sara $2275
Grandpere $2550
Henrietta Pussycat $4050

Evidently, Mr Roger's fans don't care much for platypusses.

Vern

Just a note - I ended up selling Mr. and Mrs. Platypus also to the guy who bought Henrietta and Granpere for his high bid, so he could keep those four together.

(A correction to the post above - Queen Sara went for $3250.)

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2005-02-15 21:49 ]

J
john posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 3:47 AM

if you have a line on the bob dog suit, i am so on it!

Pages: 1 27 replies