Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Minor Tiki Sightings - Private Residences in Torrance, CA

Pages: 1 2 replies

When Doctor Z and I go garage-saling each Saturday, we always hope to discover a new Tiki Apartment building we don't know about, but seldom do we find one.

However, we do see tikis at more private residences than you'd think. Here are a few recent sightings from the suburban neighborhoods of Torrance:

And take a look at this old railroad-tie tiki that the owner thinks has been sitting around since the 1970s.

Initially, the owners of these tikis are often leery of you photographing their property, but I've found if you start reminiscing with them about the old local tiki restaurants that no longer exist, it's easy to strike up and enthusiastic conversation. who knows, they may even steer you towards and old tiki apartment building or two in their neighborhood that you don't know about.

Sabu

T

On 2005-02-07 02:05, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

Initially, the owners of these tikis are often leery of you photographing their property, but I've found if you start reminiscing with them about the old local tiki restaurants that no longer exist, it's easy to strike up and enthusiastic conversation. who knows, they may even steer you towards and old tiki apartment building or two in their neighborhood that you don't know about.

Sabu

And that's how you start to find places and items that can be amazing..... Good Urban Archeology tip! Friendly conversation has gotten me farther with contacting people about lost places than any research ever has....

Excellent find!

Tiki gods love to be adorned around blooming calalillies.

If anyone knows where the Hawaiian tiki stone statute can be found, please let me know. Mahalo.

Pages: 1 2 replies