Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Mouseketeers Uke from Disney

Pages: 1 2 replies

OL

For those of us who are collectors of Disney and ukuleles, there is a new "Mousekulele" offered on Disneydirect.com . Here's the description:

Walt Disney Collectibles introduces this Mousekulele created by famed ukulele-maker Oscar Schmidt to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the ''Mickey Mouse Club.'' Using vintage graphics from the 50s, it promises to evoke all the warm, wonderful memories of listening to and singing along with the Mouseketeers. Arrives with vinyl carrying case. 23 1/2'' L x 8'' W. Mahogany with rosewood fingerboard. Imported. Certificate of Authenticity. Limited Edition of 1000.

"Only" $249.00. I'm sure we'll be seeing these on e-bay soon enough.

Ookoo Lady

[ Edited by: ookoo lady on 2005-02-08 07:59 ]

K

Happy Valentines Day. I bought you one. For those of you considering one I found a little discrepancy in the ordering process.
DisneyDirect says on one of their checout screens to select between different types of UPS service to arrive on Valentines Day. Ground, Express, etc. On the final check out it states an estimated 4 week shipping time.
Sooo..., maybe just use ground. if you are thinking for Valentines Day, I don't think it will ship by then. The decision is yours. But I would like to have get a picture of HumuHumu, Tina, and my OokooLady all wearing Mouse-ears, playing Their Mousekulele's. Some like it hot.

H

This was designed by our own Miehana! I haven't seen one in person yet, but apparently they partnered with a decent uke manufacturer, and the quality is pretty good. Miehana asked King Kukulele what he thought about the sound quality, and apparently he was pleasantly surprised.

Pages: 1 2 replies