Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Vics Menu

Pages: 1 4 replies

Anyone have an idea what a menu from Trader Vics would be worth? I found one here in Vancouver from the Vancouver TV. From the prices of the items it looks to be from the 60's but I can't find a date on it. It's in pretty good shape. The seller is asking $42 Canadian (about $34US)

Interesting side note Vancouver's TV was on the waterfront, and when it closed in 1993 it was put on a barge and towed away to Vancouver Island.(Tikiwahine's stomping grounds) I work for the Coast Guard here and saw it go out through the Lion's Gate Bridge, and sail off into the horizon. :(

http://www.nickelbros.com/tradervics.html

E ke kuene, ua milimili 'e 'ia neia mikana!

[ Edited by: tomanikitiki on 2005-02-08 21:13 ]

Is your link implying that trader vic's might re-open near Butchart Gardens in Victoria BC? If so - I spend a weekend in that town every other year with my folks so - ZAZZ!

I wish that were the case. I forget what the building is being used for now, but I haven't heard any rumours of it reopening as TVs.

Unfortunately...my best friends Mum almost rented a place from the current owner of the building. Apprently he's a real so-and-so, and the building is just sitting on his lot vacant and neglected. He probably has a few Trans Ams parked on his lawn if you catch my drift.

If I had the cash I'd purchase this building and do a huge re-furb. sigh

Thanks for the photos, I'd seen a couple when the moving took place, but have been searching for more info since I went all tiki freaky.

On 2005-02-10 10:10, Tikiwahine wrote:
He probably has a few Trans Ams parked on his lawn if you catch my drift.

Ha ha - my next door neighbour's son used to repair Trans Ams that had been in wrecks. He had a steady supply....... He really brought down the neighbourhood, so the locals clubbed together and had him shot. (I think the statute of limitations must have run out by now?)

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 4 replies