Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Feedback on my art please?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hey everyone. I've been painting for a while but haven't gotten around to showing anything online yet. My website won't be up for another week or two. I was wondering, If I post a couple pics here if I could get some feedback? Here's the portrait I did of Yma Sumac.

Nice effort Loungecore...good job with
Yma....I like the birds in flight...and
although I need new glasses...I think I
like your money. For some reason I
tend to gravitate toward monkeys in my
paintings....I have a new monkey painting
that I will probably post this weekend...
let me know what you think!

Thanks. I have to mention that due to scanning problems these are all extremely low dpi and most of the pictures (like the one below) seem fuzzy and small. Sorry about that. This is anotehr one called "Moonlit Paradise" the line in the middle is also not on the actual piece but due to scanning probs.

let me know what y'all think.
josh

Very nice, I like the monkey too! Your art reminds me a bit like the art of Congatiki. It's no wonder he was the first to greet you. Keep up the great work, we all like to see it! :D

T

I like the Yma painting...like the way her face turned out..faces are the most difficult part to get right, I think. The only thing that distracts me is the "Yma" in the background...I could do w/o that, but the colors are composition are pleasant. Nice job.

B

Cool Stuff LC. I love the Volcano smoke and the little birds. Keep posting good things like this and you will be around awhile.

H

I like the Ima painting, maybe you would change the white background and have a color that blends in better, it is too stark. Also the Ima lettering style could change to something else (I am not sure what style). The rest of the painting has a nice flow to it. Good luck.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Feb 13, 2005 2:46 AM

got some nice pieces there

re. the 1st one, the lady is realistic and the birds & monkey are more cartoony (abstract is perhaps a better word?). I dont know, but kinda doesnt feel as united as it could

the second piece works nicely

KEEP EM COMING!

Pages: 1 7 replies