Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

I'm a Slut for Laughs...

Pages: 1 14 replies

Now that I'm not actually well... working, I seem to have more time than previously noticed to - waste.

So even though I do profess to, and at every chance in fact do, kill my television..., I do also find one's Bong-self to becoming more accustomed to gazing at the glowing box...

So. I've developed an interest in the COmedy Channel about the time I wake up, 12:01 p.m. or so. It's an hour of stand-up comics.

I dig and am also destressed at the fact that we, as humans, must pay someone to make us manifest a certain emotional-facial expression (i.e. laughing ).

(Which brings me to another thought: people I don't recall knowing always seem to ask me "hey, what's the matter? Why don't you smile?". I make it a point to always reply "oh... my father died today. I'm sorry".

I really can't help it. I don't like smiling about nothing in particular.

A smile if given should really mean something.

Why do we pay $30 or $40 to prostitute someone to make us feel a certain pleasurable feeling, naming guffawing at the over-exageration of the obvious (even though I do like it).

How many other emotional effects do we pay to have someone perform upon our neglected selves?

Does this mean that most, more unpleasurable emotional manifestations, are more cheaply attained?

Well, I can think of 2 emotions we'd pay to receive...

Please, share your thoughts on this, pratacint, yet exceilative discussion!

huh?

I mean, they're not a short period of rest, and they're not a distant cousin? Who are the marketing wizards that came up with this?

B

Bong, before you go to bed, brush your tooth.

H

Bong, I relate to you when it comes to the fact that for some strange reason people expect you to be happy and smiling at all times. I detest that as much as you do.I dont like being happy about nothing in particular. And I will end this discussion at this level, cause I am not paying anyone to make me feel happy, if you know what I mean. And seriously you are not getting anywhere with $30 to $40. Times have changed. It is more like $100 to $200 dollars. I think.....:D

abnd

I too am the laugh slut. Fortunately, like any good slut, the source of my pleasure is exremely diverse. I can find hilarity in everything from Gary Larson stick figure comix & Benny Hill reruns to old National Lampoons & the Vagina Monologues. I've been home sick in bed all week and I've been watchin' all that Comedy Central of which Bong speaks. One of the best things about being a humor slut though is the ability to find the same things just as funny the 100th time as the 1st time and to be able to store these images in your brain and spew them forth whenever the mood strikes (this really comes in handy as an ice-breaker on blind dates, family reunions, and your first day of court ordered community service).

Can Bong really say SLUT and get away with it?
I mean if I had to choose harsh sounding words, SLUT is way worse than tits.
SSSSLUT!! in a deep sounding voice.
Now in a tiny voice tits
light impact don't you think
titmouse or SLUTmouse you choose
titillating or SLUTallating
You can call someone a SLUT or even a BOOB
But have you ever heard someone say
"your such a tit" Twit maybe? or you can be in a snit while you knit for a bit where you sit on your butt(no way I'm not saying IT)
By the way, what the H-E double hockey sticks is wrong with smiling all the time?
No one wonders what you are doing if you are not smiling,
Like Bong said people just think your a grumpy old bitch if you look like that all the time!
But when you are smiling, they all wonder???
What is so funny, what are you hiding, can I have some?
But no, let's walk around like an apple doll and people know what your doing
YOURBEINGAGRUMPYPIECEOFCRAP
You can smile for a while and lay tile in a pile if you are Kyle
Deep voice again please
If you frown your not a clown and your going down SLUT
Now say tits 3 times and try not to smile
I can't
Sorry

I had to refrain from laughing, so that I would not be charged for reading this thread.

I dig and am also destressed at the fact that we, as humans, must pay someone to make us manifest a certain emotional-facial expression (i.e. laughing ).

Why do we pay $30 or $40 to prostitute someone to make us feel a certain pleasurable feeling, naming guffawing at the over-exageration of the obvious (even though I do like it).

I just paid $32 to see Lewis Black & John Bowman pefrom live. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes, snot (unexpectedly) came from my nose, twice I head-butted my friend next to me as I lost my balance from delirium, and my cheeks were frozen in an upright position to the point of cramping.

...I feel so cheap.

But have you ever heard someone say
"your such a tit" Twit maybe? or you can be in a snit while you knit for a bit where you sit on your butt(no way I'm not saying IT)

Hey Bax, maybe it's an English thing but we call people 'Tits' quite a lot round these parts

H

The way I see it is: Nothing makes me smile more than nothing.

And before someone (woofmutt?) chimes in here about this being an old thread, let me point out that some topics are timeless. Age means nothing. And that makes me smile.

W

"And before someone (woofmutt?) chimes in here about this being an old thread..."

Yeah, cuz that' just like me.

Wait, are you one of my sisters?

"tiki fonts" are funny...

W

OK, now there's somethin' I can chime in on. "Tiki fonts" is funny.

(See Hakalugi? That's the way to do it.)

H

Thanks woofmutt. You're absolutely right!

Pages: 1 14 replies