Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

3d Tiki Images

Pages: 1 2 replies

C

I would like to create some Tiki images using 3d rendering software and I was wondering if anyone has any 3ds files etc that I can use.
If not, does anyone have any great tiki images I can create my own 3d files out of?

Talofa Lava,Kia Orana & Aloha!, I've been making 3D photos for about 10 years now, just using a regular 35mm camera. You simply take a picture of your subject with your camera on it's side (portrait) making a mental note of the framing, then take a small step (about the width of your face) to either the left or the right, match the framing of the previous shot & take the picture. When you've developed your photos, place them side by side & you should have a stereo image! - it does help if you are able to view 'Magic-Eye' type images for this method. Otherwise you'll need to reduce the size of your images by at least 50 percent to see them via a stereoscope. It all sounds a bit complicated, but I've since moved to digital photography which makes taking 3D Photos so much more fun & faster!!. Using Adobe PhotoShop Elements (& an ability to 'free-view' )I'm able to combine the two pictures & make a 3D image in just minutes after taking the shot!
The are a few downsides to taking stereo photos without a stereo camera - wind, water & any moving object in the background hinder the 3D effect, otherwise you can get some fantastic results. Good Luck

C

Thanks for your response.
Though stereo pictures are another of my hobbies, I am referring to the creation of images of tiki using 3d software such as 3ds Max, Lightwave, etc.
I might have to create my own 3d representations of tikis but I hoped somebody might have already done it, such as in this post: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12775&forum=7
Thanks again!

Pages: 1 2 replies