Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: my Enchanted Tiki Room fanzine is finished and up

Pages: 1 22 replies

Howdy tiki guys n gals! I know I know I havnt posted on here in like forever. But I had a good reason, I was working on finishing up my audio fanzine on the tiki room. Well here is the result with plenty of pics to look at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6511020078&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

You can order them directly from me as well, just head over to my website: http://www.spaceage-entertainment.com/magic
Please note the site isnt as updated as the auction so it has less pics to view. And each one of these is hand made mostly by me, so if I get a lot of orders at once I may have to put you on a back order status. These are also limited edition because I can only make so many before my hands come unraveled LOL. I have limited the edition to 1,963 (the year tiki room started), however if I get too many orders I may redo the packaging a little and offer another edition. I just released the information a few days ago on our affiliate Disney site: http://www.utilidors.com and have gotten 6 orders so far, so they may actually reach the edition size at this rate.

All of that said, those that can, I would like to ask a favor; please bid on the auctioned issues. I only make about $5.00 profit on each of these, they truly are a labor of love. But love is expensive, time wise and money wise especially with me going to school right now. I have a feeling I should have charged just a bit more to cover expenses, but I wanted them to accessable to those with small budgets like my own. So if you have some extra money burning a hole in yer pocket, please try to bid the issue a bit higher than the asking price. If your poor like me, just head over to the site and buy from there.

Either way, if you are a fan of the Wonderful and Fantastic Enchanted Tiki Room, then from one fan to another, let me tell you; you will NOT be dissappointed in this issue. I spent a lot of time and money on this (this issue literally took be just over a year to make) because I wanted something to finally give tiki its due. Now I am going to be perfectly honest here; the audio is not fantastic quality, but it is definately listenable (this is because the interviews were done over phone lines). And for me, one of the most rewarding parts was finding and tracking down a copy of the original 1932 record "lets all sing like the birdies sing", it was incredibly hard to find and I happy to say its included on there.

Ok tiki fans, just wanted to let you know about my intense labor of love. Be seeing you around here from time to time between homework.---Jesse publisher Magical Memories audio fanzine (aka Tigertail)

[ Edited by: tigertail777 on 2005-02-12 01:26 ]

[ Edited by: tigertail777 on 2005-02-12 01:29 ]

I really don't know what to say.

is that a good thing or bad thing?

Hi Tiger,
Welcome back to Tiki Central.
It really looks like you put a lot of work into this project.
Do you have a website to where we could here some audio samples?
Hope you do well;
Unga

I bought one. looking forward to its arrival.

currently the only audio samples are up on the site under the pop up. Go to the order page and click on the cover of the issue, a pop up will come up and scroll to the bottom there is the audio samples. However for some reason the transfer for the web of the audio for the samples suffered, so it sounds pretty bad in comparison to the cd, and the cd as I stated before isnt the greatest audio to begin with. So the sample sounds like you are trying to listen through a brick wall, however it does give some idea of whats on the cd's.

We are also currently working on putting up some beatiful tiki room computer wallpapers on the site. I will give a heads up when that is finished. :)

And thanks for the order, Monkey.

T

Hi Tigertail -
So... this is an "interview/fan recollections" audio cd set? It doesn't have the soundtrack to the ETR or Tropical Serenade on it? Just wondering....

Its mostly interviews of X cast members and such, but mixed with pieces of audio from the attraction where appropriate as per can be used under fair use guidelines. It also has most of the original 1932 "lets sing like the birdies sing" record, which wasnt easy to find trust me. there is also a lengthy and detailed description of how the tropical serenade version in Walt Disney World looked, and history on the little orange bird mascot that is mixed with snippets from the rare orange bird story record. Basically its a sort of radio show format fanzine; interviews mixed with audio footage bits of the actual attraction. Kind of like the BBC radio Disney specials, but on theme parks instead of Disney movies, and not as pessimistic sounding as BBC LOL.

Tigertail,

If you read this, I sent you an email inquiring about the status of the item I ordered. Could you please respond?

Thanks

T

hey monkey...

i haven't heard anything on this and i paid the day he posted this ad.

has anyone received anything...the cd, a reply, anything?

this is always the fun part of doing business online!

M

whats up tigertail????????????

http://www.utilidors.com/magic/contact.htm

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-03-03 13:49 ]

H

Monkeyman, perhaps you didn't spend the extra $1.50 for shipping insurance???

T

i'll bet he's got our booty and he's on a slow boat to china!

T

I dunno guys - I'd be careful of buying "fan made" stuff like this over the internet.... Especially if one of us (gooba gobba, gooba gobba) has paid and hasn't heard back over several weeks....

M

I finally recieved a reply from him today. He indicated that he is shipping out orders but since he makes these one at a time its been a slow process.

He apologized for not staying in communication with customers who are waiting.

His response was appropriate and sincere just a bit late.

I will let you know when I get mine in the mail.

T

Let us know if it is worth buying!

Hi guys sorry... I sure didnt mean to give you the impression I took yer money and ran, that was the last thing on my mind. No as monkeyman stated I am behind on orders because these things are so time consuming to assemble, and I got hit with a double whammy in a few of my college classes and am struggling to catch up.

I will come back here more often and publically let you know the progress, as well as emailing people when things are behind so they know I didnt make for the border with their money. I am deeply sorry for all the late orders I am going to do my best to fill them all this weekend and get them sent out early this upcoming week.

If you have any questions or concerns please email me: [email protected] and if you feel you have waited too long and want your money back and dont want the issue, I can arrange that through paypal as well.

Again I apologize for the lateness in sending out orders, and appreciate your patience.

a quick update: I have friday off, and am going to assemble orders all day, then send off those orders on saturday.To all who made orders; thanks for your patience I do greatly appreciate it, and am working on ways to streamline the process more for the future.

I have sent out emails to everyone, but in case you dont get it: all but four orders have been filled (those are more recent ones from the end of february till present). So if you ordered a issue on or before Februrary 23, you should get it in 2-3 days from now. I appreciate all the patience you guys have had with me about this. Please let me know when they arrive so I know you got them ok. Thanks.

We do appreciate your follow up Tigertail. Looking forward to the goodies.

I'll be the guy sitting next to my mailbox in a lawn chair waiting for its arrival.

tick tick tick tick tick...

Anyone get theirs yet??? I am dying to know what you think.

Has everyone that ordered an issue off of here gotten their orders now? Please let me know, and drop me a line what you think about them when you get time if you want, I would love to have some feedback.

Tigertail,

I did enjoy the audio on the discs. There is lots of history there. Some I did know and some I didnt.

I especially like the original 1930's version of "Lets all sing like the birdies sing".

It was difficult to understand some of the interviews on the first disc because they played over other audio but generally I felt that this was well done for a low budget show.

Thanks

Pages: 1 22 replies