Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Article in magazine

Pages: 1 2 replies

TT

The mag is called, NUDE. No, it's not what you are thinking! It's a mag for "Beyond the counter-culture." Art, Music, Cool People, etc.. I was at a local comic book store, the kind with new and exciting mags, and my wife saw the, "Aloha! UK Tiki Revival" story headline on the cover. I haven't read it yet, but it has several pages on the booming UK scene. The Book of Tiki is advertised all over the place and several other tiki websites are mentioned. Just thought you would like to know.

Thanks for the info, now my curiosity is really peakin'. This article was penned by our own member Cheeky Tiki. I gave the editor free use of BOT imagery against a copy of the magazine. Sadly, as is the case quite often, it never showed up on my doorstep. Same happened with the Restaurant Magazine, I clued the writer in to websites and new out-of-way places like the Kahiki Moon, but never recived the promised issue. How quickly they forget.

TT

I just read it. Nothing too interesting, just the basic Tiki history and how since the scene in the States is on the up-swing it has finally made it across the pond. One of Shags latest prints was used as the cover art. More Tiki art is displayed with the article. King Kukulele even got a small mention. Jamie Wilson also talked about how Tiki "stuff" is being sold all over the UK, and he thinks it will get even bigger. http://www.nudemagazine.co.uk is coming soon

Pages: 1 2 replies