Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Perfume that smells like tiki bars!

Pages: 1 8 replies

I was sitting at a local IHOP the other day, when suddenly I smelled it. That wonderfully dank, musty smell of old wood polynesian food that you smell in an old tiki restaraunt. The smell on the Mai Kai (esp. the Molokai Bar) or of Trader Vic's. I asked the ladies near me what perfume they were wearing that made that scent. The answer? "Pink" by Victoria's Secret(s?). If that is indeed what caused the smell, and I'm almost sure it was, then I bet a little of this stuff mixed with water in a spray bottle would make an amazing air freshener to add that missing aroma to your home bar. if anyone has some of this stuff, or feels like buying it to test my theory, please let me know. it really was the exact smell.

[ Edited by: lordpook on 2005-02-13 00:50 ]

K

I'll have to smell that "Pink" perfume & see if it's got the old Tiki Bar smell I remember.

If I were going to guess at a recipe it would be: old wood, gardenias, cardamom, & alcohol.

M

I have the worlds only bottle of Mai Tai perfume, because I made it. It smells of lime, almond and orange, and it's just the thing to lure tiki drunks to your side. I'm thinking about marketing it as unisex, like CK One.

My initial studies of it at Caliente New Year's revealed that most people thought it was extremely nasty, so it will likely never again see the light of day.

B

On 2005-02-16 17:39, martiki wrote:

My initial studies of it at Caliente New Year's revealed that most people thought it was extremely nasty, so it will likely never again see the light of day.

Maybe they didn't have enough rum in them yet?

HT

Actually, there is a Mai tai perfume. It's made by some company that makes weird scents like grass and dirt, and soap. I was in a Sephora being dragged around, and I spotted the word Mai Tai out of the corner of my eye. It's not fantastic, but it's got a hint of almondy fruitness.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P80426&shouldPaginate=true

HEre's a few suggestions. I'm not sure if this is the same company, but I'll keep digging.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2005-02-16 18:27 ]

HT

VOILA!

http://www.littleshopofbeauty.com/perfumeus.htm

Every drink scent you could possibly imagine, in 4 different forms. Even a "tiki" scent. Anyone want to email them and ask what "tiki" scent is?

I have created an enticing scent from essentisl oils: coconut, pikake, sandalwood and a local called Laguna Air. Smells like summer in Hawaii to me.

I love the Demeter scents, my favey is "Angel Food Cake" and my second favorite is "Blue Hawaiian". Blue Hawaiian smells alot like fresh cut pineapple so I try not to wear it when I'm hungry...

I checked out the Victoria's Secret perfumes and they smelled alot like Raid Ant Spray to me.

I was sitting at a local IHOP the other day, when suddenly I smelled it. That wonderfully dank, musty smell of old wood polynesian food that you smell in an old tiki restaraunt.

Maybe it was the dank old booth you were smelling? :lol:

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2005-02-28 00:06 ]

"Pink" is one of my regular, everyday perfumes and it smells quite flowery. I don't think that's what you were smelling.

It probably WAS the booth.

DL

Pages: 1 8 replies