Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Omni hut meetup?

Pages: 1 14 replies

Am planning a trip from Memphis up to the Omni Hut in Smyrna, hopefuly within the next 1-2 weeks. If anyone is interested let me know.

KK

Omni Hut rules. It's quite a haul from my homestead (about 5 1/2 hours each way), but we've done it before on a whim. Next time a hotel is definitely in order! Those BYOB cocktails can really put a damper on the trip back. Let's do it!

T

This comoing weekend is my ONLY weekend off until at least the end of May.

I've been itching for something interesting to do.

Can we put this together that quickly?

Who is in?

I'll make the 8 hour drive if we can get enough of a posse together.

But of course it won't be a 'real' TC event unless Humuhumu flies out for it... :)

S

I shouuld be able, but my freaky work schedule has me working weekends. i might can get there. 3 1/2 houors away, but I gain an hour as I cross the Cumberland Plateau. Pick a date and I can tell youo if i can make it. This Saturday is out for me. Brad of hale Tiki is in Nashville often and might attend if you let him know.

I might be able to make that - I'll see if I can pencil that in!

L

This weekend won't work fo me, actually. Perhaps next Saturday (feb 26) would be good?

L

if people are working weekends, friday the 25th would work also

L

i really want to make this work for everybody...so get talking!

I will be in Tennesee from the 23rd to the 26th. Friday is better for me, but, I'll fly out Sunday if I can.
Mahalo,
Al

S

Much as I would like to, I won't be able to make any weekends. My job has me working weekends, and weekend evenings at that! Sucks.

Well since swanky and others cant make weekends, it looks like next friday, feb. 25 would be a good day to shoot for. Hopefully this could accomodate james as well. kiliki cant make it though till march, but sometimes you just can't wait. next friday the 25 anyone?

in

I could do Friday the 25th, but I have to work Saturday at 10 AM. I don't think I am up for drivinag all night... so maybe I'll catch you all next time.

Have fun guys!

S

I have asked Polly many times about having a get together at the Omni Hut and she has said no. I realized I was scaring her with Hukilau stories. She was thinking we'd close the place down and take over. I told her to just think of a big party table and that at most, we might get some musicians or a dancer in there. Not a huge deal. And it all depends on how many show up. I also suggest we would come in during her slow time. She is happy to oblige.

I suggested we plan a get together in September, arriving there around 7:30 on a Saturday. The locals eat early and when the doors open, they are swamped. When that rush is over, the place is pretty quiet. She can accomodate a party of up to 22. We'll just let her know. Anyone have a weekend in September that works best? I'm wide open.

There is a hula halau in Nashville if we want to pool some funds to get a dancer or two down for the night. If you think you will make it, let me know. I'll contatc some of those above who may not come arouns much anymore like Kava King in Atlanta.

I have been wanting to visit Omni Hut for a while now. Would also love to meet some folks from here! If y'all get something together for SEP, I would love take the drive up from Mobile for a weekend and join you!
SBT

Pages: 1 14 replies