Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tips for a tiki-tasting herbal cigarette?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I'm interested in rolling my own cigarettes from herbs and spices - no tobacco. Does anyone have ingredient suggestions that will give it a polynesian taste? Maybe something that evokes a teak wood bar and goes well with rum?

K

On 2005-02-14 00:49, lordpook wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions that will give it a polynesian taste?

Smoke them at the Mai Kai?

Ahu

We have more than a few tiki carvers around here who would provide you with all the tiki based smoking material you want if you would just sweep out their basements or workshops.

Hay man what are you smoking, woodchips from (insert name of tiki here).

L

Not a bad idea. People would pay big bucks for genuine tiki sawdust cigarettes. Though I had something more flavorfull than wood pulp in mind...

Why not a Mai Tai tobacco mixture? A mixture of rum, lime, orange & almond flavored tobaccos.

Keep in mind, some varietties of wood are toxic and not rated for food use (serving platters, utensils, etc.). Not to mention pressure treated wood... Uh, O.K. I'm starting to sound like someone's mom! But really, you get the idea!

My wife used to roll herb cigarrettes from a Native American recipe, using sage and catnip. It totally smelled like pot and we got all kinds of stares!

In the movie "Stand by Me" special fruit cigs were used by the child castmembers during smoking scenes. Try drying pineapple, mango, or maybe coconut and blending it with sage. Just don't sue if it goes wrong :wink:

HT

There's a set of cloves called Bali Hai. I highly recommend it, though $7 a pack is a bit much, they're phenominal.

Pages: 1 6 replies