Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Maikai Gents in Los Angeles October 27

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi, Gang! This just came through on the band's mailing list:

Aloooooha, Friends!
Come on out and join us on Sunday, October 27 as The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa (the band formerly known as The He'e Amakuas) plays a special Log Cabin Luau at The Bigfoot Lodge in Los Angeles.  It'll be an evening of  old island entertainment in the cozy setting of a cabin in the woods.  Thrill to the sounds of the ukulele, swoon to the crooning, drift off in a romantic daydream as the hula dancer tells her story, and never forget your evening in paradise with us.  Lord Hunt will be joining us on bass and be sure to keep a lookout for other special guests. This wonderful experience will be yours for the nominal door charge of only $3 and will include a lovely souvenir keepsake.  The Bigfoot Lodge is located at: 3172 Los Feliz Blvd. in the hip Los Angeles neighborhood of Atwater Village near Griffith Park.  Driving directions and schedule information can be found at http://bigfootlodge.com/  If you've never been there, BEWARE:  There is no sign outside this club.  It's on the south side of Los Feliz just EAST of the 5 freeway after Glenfeliz Blvd.  Look for a green building with a brick arch entryway and the numbers 3172.  Be there by 9:30pm to ensure you don't miss a moment of this delightful extravaganza.  This'll be fun for the whole ohana(21 and over), so be sure to bring 'em all and feel free to pass this along to all who you think will enjoy!  We can't wait to see you there; in the meantime, check out http://www.theamakuas.com to see photos, read reviews and sign our guestbook.  A new and much improved website http://www.mkgents.com  will be coming soon.  See you on the 27th!

-Your friends,

Iuka Grogg, Mika'ele Loco Moco and The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

p.s Island attire is strongly encouraged!

It will be good to see you gents (and lady) again, and in my neighbourhood!
This concert will allow us to re-live the Tiki Oasis 2002 because not only is it your combo that will perform, but (as far as I know) lovely LUSHY is coming down from Seattle again to play their tropical jazz.

Can't wait for the Big Foot Lodge Show...

When and Where are Lushy Playing!?!

My funny foreign English must be confusing sometimes...Lushy is playing WITH the Mai Kai Gents, AT the Lodge.

You think YOUR English is confusing....over here the 'Gents' means the male toilets. My initial impression was this thread might appeal to George Michael on his vacation.

Trader Woody

Aloha, Tiki Central!
My boss, The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa has been our spokesmodel here on Tiki Central, but as she's away getting treatment for hula elbow, I felt I must respond to this. Trader Woody, that is hysterical! I laughed so hard that coconut milk ran forth from my nostrils! I hope George Michael DOES show up. We'll give him something new to have FAITH in... The Romance of The Maikai Gents. To paraphrase one of his songs... "Maikai Gents are natural, Maikai Gents are good, not everybody's heard 'em, but everybody should!" Thanks.

-Iuka Grogg aka Dukulele

P

Time? I am going to be in Riverside during most of the day on the 27th. I should be done by 6 PM and I'm wondering if that gives me enough time to get from Riverside to Los Feliz for the show.

If so, I'm there!

Hi, Piphirho! If you're there by 9:30 you'll be in good shape. Come on in, settle into a booth and take advantage of their provocative drink menu. Looking forward to seeing you (and everyone else) there!

I. Grogg

Aloha! A little special extra has just been added to our show at The Bigfoot Lodge on the 27th. Be there as The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa enjoys her first night in public eye. No, not our lovely hula maiden, it's the newest line from ultra-cool, tuned-in, jewelry company El Dorado Club International. They'll be having a debut showcase of these sexy accoutrements inspired by and named for our very own The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa. Yes, they are provocative to say the least. The word on the street has been "Hubba-Hubba!" She can't wait to meet you on Sunday!

-Mr. Grogg

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2002-10-28 22:57 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies