Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tikibot famous!!!!

Pages: 1 14 replies

While at Barnes & Noble yesterday, I was leafing through this book:

Well guess what? Our own Tikibot has his own page! Land-a-goshen, I was impressed! Looks like he's won all kinds of awards for this illustration he created:

Way to go Richard!

Pick it up at B & N here:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=JV1W8awAj2&isbn=0810949679&itm=1

T

Maybe nearly on the edge of approaching something that resembles mildly noteworthy, but certainly not famous. :wink:

Thanks for pointing it out, Tang. I'd completely forgotten about this book. At first glance I didn't even recognize the title and thought they had used my image without permission. Now I can finally bug them for my free copy. :wink: My work has been in a few books over the years, usually friends' books about creating 3D art. Too bad it doesn't pay.

If you want a real laugh, you should see my appearance on Good Morning America, ca. 1993, explaining how I built 3D X-Wing fighters for a Star Wars game. GEEK! Thank god I have the only tape of that in the world (at least until Unga posts a link to it!)

M

I HAVE to see that.

T

My wife hasn't even seen that tape! Besides, you've already seen my high school yearbook pictures (note to self: Never serve drinks and leave guests to wander through house without first hiding embarrassing items). What more do you WANT from me?!!!

M

Yes, I was going to mention the yearbook picture. God, I wish I could have got to the scanner in time, Mr. Ruffles.

C'mon Mrs. P- make him cough it up!! You know you want to see it too!

Were you wearing a t-shirt that says "YODA LIVES"?

I haven't seen this either, I've seen A LOT though, PLENTY. I've always had it bad for the nerds, though...
Just yesterday as we were flipping through the channels, Mr. Pineapple-Bot was expressing his dismay at the fact that in Jurrasic Park, they called them Velocoraptors, when in fact they were actually (some other flying dinosaur) and velocorapotors were really no more than flying turkeys. They just thought velocoraptors sounded cooler...zzzzzzzzz. I was like, "dude, we are MISSING J.Lo and Marc Anthony on the Grammys..."

I will try to find this video, I've seen photos from the same era, there's a lot of hair feathering, I believe...

I do want to go on record that he's never dressed up in any sort of costume, or attended any sort on convention, at least not after puberty. He did know an AWFUL lot of details when we walked through the SCI-FI museum in Seattle...

I still love him though!

H

Congratulations, Tiki-bot, very cool!

T

On 2005-02-14 16:06, mrs. pineapple wrote:
....Mr. Pineapple-Bot was expressing his dismay at the fact that in Jurrasic Park, they called them Velocoraptors, when in fact they were actually (some other flying dinosaur) and velocorapotors were really no more than flying turkeys. They just thought velocoraptors sounded cooler...zzzzzzzzz.

Actually - the Dilophosaurus was the one that was really misrepresented as the wrong size. In the film they are portrayed as turkey-sized - and were actually about 10-12 feet tall! Also the whole spitting thing is conjecture......

errrrr - ummm - I mean... what a geek!

I wonder if Mrs. Tangaroa should chime in on this....?

The Iguanadon gives this topic a "thumbs up"

Paleontologist Robert Bakker & me - fighting the robotic Dilophosaurus - 1993.....

That's the actual size!

Whats really funny is most of the dinosaurs showcased in Jurassic park actually lived in the Cretaceous period!!!

Back to the topic - TikiBot - that is outstanding work!

Oh, yeah... Tiki Bot's good alright. Just look at what he did to me:

As if I needed help making my nose look bigger. A real famous digital artist, eh? Well, thanks. Thanks alot, hmmmfff.

-Iuka

On 2005-02-16 09:49, Iuka Grogg wrote:
Oh, yeah... Tiki Bot's good alright. Just look at what he did to me...

-Iuka

Oh yeah????? Look at what he did to me!!!

:lol:

Wow, it's like a Gallery of the Damned. I should really be turning my vast Photoshop skills to something more useful, like putting armbands and mustaches on politicians.

He took ten lbs. off my wedding pictures :)

Pages: 1 14 replies