Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

You got to see this...

Pages: 1 17 replies

M

I think what he fails to mention in his auction is that he carves these with his left foot.

While suffering from cramp.

THERE! Is that what you wanted, parrot-lovers, huh? Are you happy NOW, huh, huh!? :roll: :)

Arrrgh, eeeyah, gurgle...my eyes! And hailing the Grog Log in one breath with "...you'll think you're in Margaritaville without leaving your backyard!"

Ach du lieber! I sent Jeff an e-mail inquiring "...a friend of yours?" :lol:

K
Kono posted on Tue, Feb 15, 2005 4:17 PM

I was searching high and low for a source for Fees Bros American Beauty Grenadine (wonderful grenadine, very good pomegranate flavor) and I came across her on ebay. I emailed her and bought several bottles of the grenadine and falernum syrup. I never found any other source online or real world. Fees Bros tried to find me a local source but no go. Anyway I digress...she was a very nice person and great to deal with. If you need any Fees Bros AB grenadine then she's your hook up.

Well I am glad...Falernum and other-than-just-sickly-sweet Grenadine are both rare ingredients that are laudible to distribute...it is a she that is running the website?

Maybe someone can carefully drop her this hint about another one of her ingredients, a reply to my teasing him, by BB Berry himself:

"...the passion fruit syrup this guy's (?) selling in his grog Log set is TOTALLY WRONG for the recipes, it'll make them taste like sno-cones!"

but then, SOME people don't mind that... :wink: (I'm just teasing guys, c'mon)

K
Kono posted on Tue, Feb 15, 2005 4:56 PM

My understanding is that the woman I dealt with is the one who does the carving. I've got a bottle of that passion fruit syrup but I've never opened it up. My Trader Vic's passionfruit syrup is used rarely enough that it should last another five years.

[ Edited by: Kono on 2005-02-15 16:57 ]

On 2005-02-15 16:56, Kono wrote:
My Trader Vic's passionfruit syrup is used rarely enough that it should last another five years.

I thought mine would too, until I got my Hurricane recipe JUST right.

Bigbro,
He was obvioulsy trying to imitate (rather crudely) this postcard from Tiki Gardens.
KG

On 2005-02-15 16:56, Kono wrote: My Trader Vic's passionfruit syrup is used rarely enough that it should last another five years.

here are two great drinks that use passionfruit syrup. the puka punch and the d-t-b zombie. they are both in beach bum's intoxica and are two of my favorite drinks. they are not the eaisiest to make but damn they are worth it!

...liquor in the front, poker in the rear...

[ Edited by: the drunken hat on 2005-02-16 11:23 ]

DZ

On 2005-02-15 16:56, Kono wrote:
My Trader Vic's passionfruit syrup is used rarely enough that it should last another five years.

I make so many "Beachbum's Own"s (Intoxica!, page 17) that I go through a bottle of Vic's passionfruit syrup every couple of weeks!!

"They say an artist is the only thing you can say you are, that no one can say you ain't..."

Or something like that.

z~ can't believe i forgot about that one! that is also a great drink! trader vic grog being another.

sorry for hijacking the post. i will digress now.

This has got to the worst one yet! It seems like they're not even trying anymore!

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2005 8:59 AM

Nice find Turbo! Is that ancient looking or what? Looks like the tribal attempt at an icon or deity with only wood glue and a sabre saw. Yikes! Some folks need to stay in the flea market.

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2005 8:59 AM

Nice find Turbo! Is that ancient looking or what? Looks like the tribal attempt at an icon or deity with only wood glue and a sabre saw. Yikes! Some folks need to stay in the flea market.

"Enhance the beauty...","Looks great in your garden..."

What the Freak is this. I wouldn't even put that in my bondfire!

On 2005-02-27 12:36, Turbogod wrote:
This has got to the worst one yet! It seems like they're not even trying anymore!

OK this one takes the tiki cake.

"Mysterious Tiki Man Wood Sculpture..." The only thing mysterious is someone calling it a sculpture.

Pages: 1 17 replies