Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki-Ti on channel 9 tonite at 6:30 pm (pacific)

Pages: 1 9 replies

I saw a blurb about L.A. landmarks at lunch time and they showed a puffer fish and the tiki-ti sign. Tune in!. It is on KTLA I think??.

D

Wow...too bad we can't get that out here. If any of you Cali folks have the technology to tape the segment and Mpeg it somewhere on the web, please do!!

DZ

So - is it KTLA (Channel 5) or KCAL (Channel 9)??

It was a part of a show highlighting Sunset Blvd. They talked about Ray and his family and showed a few pictures of the bar, talked alot about the drinks and that was that. The whole thing was about 4 mins. A guy in a Hawaiian shirt and black glasses gushed about that it is the "last TiKi bar" He may have been a TCer...

DZ

It must be KCAL 9 - there's a b-ball game on KTLA 5 (and they're featuring Amoeba records at the moment...)

A guy in a hawaiian shirt gushing!!!!, you infidel!, off with your head!!. That was no other than the great Jeff Barry, mixmaster to the stars!......gushing he says.....

Hey...Two wheelin,Tiki I thinks thou protestest too much...Is Jeff any relation to you? BTW you just happened to see a "blurb" on tonights show? When it was being filmed? Do I have to buy a round now for insulting you?

yo bannana, just funnin!. Jeff Barry is the author of the tiki drink books that probably haunt your dwelling as we speak. If not, buy them all!.Plus he is a real cool guy.Are you hanging in the lucky tiki ?, if so, how is the crowd and how are the drinks?.

Sorry for the delay, been bailing for days, I am sick of rain, I am begining to rust! As a contractor this puts a kink in business! No I have not been to Tiki Ti yet, I tuned in to check it out, its on the top of my list of go-to's when I get some time out! I think some other TC'ers go on Thursday nights, I want to make it there soon. (Mrs. Banana frowns on such outings)

I don't know if this was the same thing - but they just showed "9 On The Town" again with Hunter Ellis and Lisa Joyner. They rated the best "9" Polynesian Bars in SoCal ("NINE On The Town" - get it?) Good interviews with our own Suzy from Lucky Tiki and Mike, Jr. from Tiki Ti!!

Their picks, in order:

1. Warehouse, MDR
  2. Tonga Hut
  3. Lava Lounge
  4. Bora Bora
  5. Bahooka
  6. LUCKY TIKI!!
  7. Damon's
  8. Tiki Ti!!!!!
  9. Trader Vic's

NO PURPLE ORCHID??? Replace the Warehouse with the P.O. and you got a good list! It was a pretty good show....Nice to see friends on the T.V.!!

Pages: 1 9 replies