Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Pix from New Carver TikiRex FINALLY

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

I met this guy carving tikis at out woodcarvers club yearly show. I didn't have anything in the show since I didnt show up till sunday afternoon so this guy, TikiRex, was the only one carving tiki there,I had met hm last year and told him about TC and he said he'd check it out. He did but didn't know how to do much and his computer broke. He's getting it fixed this or next week.
He carves Beautiful tikis all with nice finishes on them and the Neatest thing is THEY ARE ALL HOLLOW. He uses queen and similar palms and digs out the center bu hand. "Just reach in and grab a handful and rip it out" He grinds it on the inside. His pieces end up SHIPPABLE....

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2005-02-24 17:38 ]

Thanx Ben , and arent you supposed to be resting your finger. The Mrs is going to get mad. Just kidding

Can't wait to see the pics

B

Here are the pictures from Tiki Rex.
These are from 3 ft to 8 ft

Tiki rex only lives about 2 miles from me too.

wow...thanks for posting the pics ben...
they're all great but I really like the
tiki on the right in the bottom pic...any
idea of prices?

B

I knowmhe was very reasonable but I don't remember any prices. I know he has just quit his day job to carve Full time and I know what that's like. He Lokes mostly Queen Palm which I thought was uncarvable. Evidently if you get the soft stringy middle out then the shell dries very hard. I know they were Impressive looking Tikis. I'll get some contact info on him and post it soon.

Excellent! Very original, and I like those finishes. I'd love to see more. If they're hollow, ya gotta try making a conga drum out of one of 'em.

Pages: 1 6 replies