Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's parking advice needed

Pages: 1 2 replies

I know someone recently posted some advice about parking at Trader Vic's in Chicago, but I'll be damned if I can't find it. Could whoever that was please repost it or tell me which thread it was in?

Mahalo

It was in December's thread... I'll repaste it here for you...

Lake Surfer:

"There is a Self Park, just east of The Palmer House Hilton, which Vic's is in. The lot is on the corner of Monroe and Wabash (Monroe is one way running east and Wabash is one block west of Michigan Avenue) Expect to pay between $15 - $25 I think if you stay for the whole Tabu Tiki event."

Or, Bamboo Lodge's suggestion:

"Your best bet if you want to save on parking is to park south of Congress Parkway on State or one of the other east/west streets and hoof it....or it's about a $5.00 cab ride each way, which is still cheaper than parking."

Esqui's suggestion:

"Here is a big tip for anyone reluctant to come because of parking, and for those that are paying for parking: Along Monroe St. near the hotel there is free parking after 6pm at the parking meters. It is a tow zone between 4-6, but if you get there around 5:50pm you can beat the competion and wait in your car until 6. We do this every time we go. Even if you don't mind paying $20 for parking, do this and use the money to buy art from me. My art looks better framed than a parking lot stub (usually!). "

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-02-16 11:17 ]

[ Edited by: exotica59 on 2005-02-16 11:24 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies