Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Up for grabs - ETR Stamped Pennies - UPDATE 7/19/05

Pages: 1 12 replies

TM

7/19/05 - Went to D-Land on Sunday and got some more pennies. They've released a new one ("Magical Milestone 1963"), so I got a few of each. I'll randomly select the one I send to you. If you want one, PM me and it'll be on the way. Atomicchick is first on the list. I checked my old PMs and her request is the only one I found, so I'm sorry if I missed you, just PM me again and I'll send it out.....Mahaloz, Matt

P.S. As tikipedia suggested, I used all pre-1982 pennies.

Ok - I know there was a thread about this, but I couldn't find it in the search, so here goes. I went to Disneyland today and got 2 extra Enchanted Tiki Room stamped pennies. These are up for grabs to the first 2 people that PM me their address. They are really cool and absolutely FREE to you - the Tiki enthusiast. This is a .88 cent value (.50 for the stamped penny, .37 for postage & .01 for the penny)!

****Wow - That was fast! Zebratiki and Tikimonkey were the first two - Congrats....I think we have a jungle theme going on, hmmmm. If I get more, I'll update the post.

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-02-17 19:35 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt 2005-07-19 08:28 ]

TB

Hey Tiki Matt, i was at Disney a couple of weeks ago & was unable to locate the tiki penny stamp machine, where abouts is it?

TBird.

When I got mine it was located near the Front of the penny arcade on Main Street.

On 2005-02-18 12:30, Monkeyman wrote:
When I got mine it was located near the Front of the penny arcade on Main Street.

Monkeyman is right. The machine is just to the left of the cash registers in the front. There are 3 different styles - The ETR one, a Dumbo, and something else (can't remember). It only took me about ten minutes before I asked a Cast Member for help. If it were a snake.....

Thanks guys, i guess its a good thing my wife & i just got our premium annual passes! Tried looking for them in adventure land but with no luck. Then i asked a cast member which she said there was no enchanted tiki room penny stamp. Tiki Central in the house to help a brother out!

TBird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2005-02-18 12:45 ]

The last time I was at the park, I was looking around for the penny machines, and a truly enthusiastic cast member led me to the ones they had wedged in the corner, and then trotted off to get me a list of where all the machines and various designs are located in the park! The lists also mention if certain designs are for a limited time, and include the pressed quarter machines.
The machine location and design doesn't have anything to do with park logistics, for example, I found the "Si and Am" cats penny machine in the Adventureland shop that is now filled with Pocahontas merchandise.
You would think that the obvious place for the ETR penny machine would be the bank of them in the Adventureland Bazaar, they'd make more money!

TM

I too saw the list with all the Penny machines. It's in the Arcade on Main Street taped up on the partition around the cash registers. Squished pennies aren't really my thing (except for the ones with tikis on them) but the list is in plain view for anyone that is interested.

T

I found a Tiki Room squashed penny machine in the Adventureland Bazaar, across from the Aladdin Theater and Jungle Ride.

I was picking up a Pele mug (I also wanted to pick up the 3-faced Tiki mug, but the Wahine balked at me getting both the $22.00 Pele mug and the $14.00 Tri-Tiki mug), and noticed a block of penny-squishing machines.

The machines are located in a waist-high, stucco block that has squishing machines on three of the four sides of the block. If you walk up to the block from the entrance, the Tiki Room design is on the left side, middle button.

The design does not actually say 'Enchanted Tiki Room', but has a macaw, the three-faced tiki, a hibiscus flower, and the words 'Magical Milestones, 1963'.

BTW, if you do want to get the ETR squished pennies, bring along pre-1982 pennies. Pre-1982 pennies are all copper, and 1982 and after are zinc with a copper coating. When the zinc pennies are squished, they look crappy... silver with splotches of copper.

For those of you that missed the past thread on this, look here for my picture of the penny.

Just my 2 coconuts worth!

TM

bump

H

On 2005-02-18 21:18, Tiki Matt wrote:
... Squished pennies aren't really my thing (except for the ones with tikis on them) ...

Well in that case, check out what you can get in Kona:

Z

Note, I am a doofus & leapt with my eyes 1/2 closed on this one.... I blame the rum.
~Zero

"The guy in the jacket"

Visit Zerotiki!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-11 19:25 ]

H

On 2010-04-04 16:22, ZeroTiki wrote:
......The thread got bumped back to the top somehow ...

Somehow? It moved to the top because I added some related content. :roll:

Pages: 1 12 replies