badfish - my home bar

Pages: 1 25 replies

hahaha! dude you have a stripper pole!
Cool room!
Here is a suggestion for the ceiling, if you're able to alter it:

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2005-02-18 16:27 ]

Where's the tikis?

weeeird

Ya the ceiling sucks. Painting it would probably help a lot though, you just gave me a pretty good idea. I wanted to cover it in a thatching or something. I found out the hard way that I suck with false ceilings.

As far as the Tikis go, Im on my way. I have a ton og mugs and stuff but havnt put them all up because I need to get the shelves put up ( the room isnt done yet ) and I hope to purchase some carvings for it soon enough.
The stripper pole is a little untraditional, but thats the last thing I would take out of the room, it brings me so much happiness. :)

I love the stripper pole!!! Do you have any pictures of it being used!???

http://www.todd1productions.com/thebadfish

there are some on there clothed though.

The good ones I have I cant post or I will never get the girls back on it.

T

bad bad girl. Which one are you, not that it matters. Yes, get the better pole and make your own video

Im a guy, I took the pictures.

what the?

Ditto

On 2005-02-19 14:35, Monkeyman wrote:
what the?

Now now, do I detect a little purist attitude here? I thought that as long as you enjoy yourself, it's a Tiki Bar! :wink:

The corner with the pole is actually the high concept part of this place:
A recreation of the evolution of the Tiki bar , with KELBO's as example, the pole representing the last "Fantasy Island" stage.

Im sorry I just got a serious coors light/girls gone wild vibe. Its all good. Bring on the Beastie Boys.

No purist attitude here...whether you outfit your bar from OA or Party City, it's all the same.

On 2005-02-19 19:54, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2005-02-19 14:35, Monkeyman wrote:
what the?

Now now, do I detect a little purist attitude here? I thought that as long as you enjoy yourself, it's a Tiki Bar! :wink:.

Ya Sven, I get the clue

On 2005-02-19 21:33, purple jade wrote:
No purist attitude here...whether you outfit your bar from OA or Party City, it's all the same.

...so that new "Tiki Bob's" disco chain was fine retro Tiki lounging? I dare to differ...

:)

The difference here is I never claimed to have a Authentic Tiki Bar. Im sure a lot of the things found in my lounge would insult you who regard original culture as bond. I respect and look up to you , but I will not claim to own an ounce of original culture.
But I have had some serious jams downstairs and the pole was worth every cent of money and flack I have caught for having it.

:)

With all due and genuine respect for Sven, I'd have to say I agree with both Purple Jade and Tiki-Todd.

(Had I implied something like BigBro, I'd a been booted for another month, but then that's just what makes me special isn't it?)

Irony, irony, no escaping, that's for me.

You could cover the drop ceiling tiles with Lauhala matting by following Monkeyman's directions Here, covering the supports with bamboo strips.

I like that a lot. Im in the Boston area and have a hard time finding anything like this around, Does anyone know of any good places to order the materials?

Todd, get your supplies here:

http://bambooandrattan.com/

they're in New Jersey.

PJ, get your supplies here:

DancePole

They're in New York :)

-Z

T-Todd, not that it matters but I dig the joint. I'd hang there and throw a few back. I especially dig the drums as I too have a vintage set of '72 Rodgers(white abalone) drums in my Tiki room. Wish I had the teknolujee to post pics. Good job bro, can't wait to see how it evolves!

It looks like you can have a lot of fun with that tiki room

B

Todd,

There's a guy right in Jamaica Plain (gotta be like 15 mins from you) where I got alot of my bamboo. Called the Bamboo Fencer. http://www.bamboofencer.com guy was really helpful, and he's local to you. Give him a shout.

Bar pics & misc crap at:
http://bargoyle.yafro.com/

Pages: 1 25 replies