Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mr Smiley in LA 3/8 to 3/10, 2005 !!

Pages: 1 12 replies

M

Mr Smiley will be in the LA / Burbank / Pasadena area these nights for a work conference.
Here is my planned schedule; Tues 3/8 The Lucky Tiki 9pm-11pm, Weds 3/9 TIKI TI(!!) 6-9pm, Thurs 3/10 Damon's 5:30-7:30 pm. Times are approximate pending plane schedules and traffic! :)

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-02-18 18:09 ]

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-03-07 10:30 ]

[ Edited by: MRSMILEY on 2005-03-07 15:41 ]

M

Looking forward to it!

Hey Smiley, no Bahooka? Aren't they letting out for lunch? :wink:

Go mrsmiley go!

I've been trying to visit SoCal for awhile now. Go, and bring back things to the Northland to show us of your exotic journeys!

I'll see ya at TikiTi! Lady Velour may even show up.
Johnnie

M

On 2005-02-22 20:26, freddiefreelance wrote:

Sorry, no Bahooka this time! I will be in Pasadena days and couldn't make it there in time!!! Dang!
Looking forward to doing a Weds at the Tiki TI!
Monkey-I am bringing colorful items and iron nails to barter with the savages down South and I will bring the goods back up north , open a bar, trade stuff with you Northern civilized folk and call the bar Trader...(something). I haven't finished that part! :)

On 2005-02-23 09:14, mrsmiley wrote:

On 2005-02-22 20:26, freddiefreelance wrote:

Sorry, no Bahooka this time! I will be in Pasadena days and couldn't make it there in time!!! Dang!
Looking forward to doing a Weds at the Tiki TI!
Monkey-I am bringing colorful items and iron nails to barter with the savages down South and I will bring the goods back up north , open a bar, trade stuff with you Northern civilized folk and call the bar Trader...(something). I haven't finished that part! :)

Bahooka opens at 11:30, can handle large groups, and is only a short drive from Pasadena! convince the whole conference to do a "Lunch Meeting" there, or at least have a meeting catered! Yay, Bahooka!

M

Maybe I will do Damon's on Thursday!!

M

On 2005-02-18 16:22, mrsmiley wrote:
Mr Smiley will be in the LA / Burbank / Pasadena area these nights for a work conference.
Here is my planned schedule; Tues 3/8 The Lucky Tiki 9pm-11pm, Weds 3/9 TIKI TI(!!) 6-9pm, Thurs 3/10 Damon's 5:30-7:30 pm. Times are approximate pending plane schedules and traffic! :)
Updated info.
Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-03-07 15:42 ]

M

Hope to see some of you this evening at The Lucky Tiki, Weds at Tiki Ti and Thurs evening at Damon's.

M

See y'all in a few hours.

J
jimbo posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2005 3:18 PM

Any Tiki people who show up at the Damon's bar 5:30 or so (Thursday 3-10), the owner says he will buy us a Mai Tai.

M

ok-what a few days it was; three nights/three tiki bars! Lucky TIki is a nice place--just make sure you get "lucky" and don;t arrive when someone has loaded up the CD jukebox with heavy metal!! Humu arrived and loaded it up it up with exotica when the bartender wasn;t playing the blue Hwaiians on the house CD system. Tues was a slow night there, but it gets hoppin on the weekends. I was amused by the little old lady drinking Canadian Club and soda when she asked for a "to-go" cup from the bartender. "We don't do that" he replied!! Dang, I wanted a big gulp of Lapu-lapu's for the road , too!!'
WEDS-Tiki TI--I met Beachbum Berry, Jim (of Jim's special fame) and more. Ton's of familiar faces that night and not a dry glass in sight! THe dinner at the Mexican Restaurant next door was a GAS!! (and I mean THAT!)TOOT-TOOT!!
Thurs-Damon's! This place does many things right;lots of bamboo and thatch, spears and masks,aloha attired employees and the kicker-50's era Hawaiian music always in the background .ZAZZ!

Pages: 1 12 replies