Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Needed: Flat Tiki "Masks"

Pages: 1 12 replies

S

Aloha all...please help! Instead of replacing costly cabinetry in our Airstream, I'm thinking of simply embellishing the facades with flat carvings...can someone direct me to a site/artist? These tikis need to be fairly lightweight and only 10-ish inches tall; I need at least 4, but would love 8 in different varieties depending on the dinero. Is this too much to ask?? :) Mahalo!!

M

If you can find some cheap ones that are mass-produced but a little too heavy and you have access to a router, you could always 'rout-out' the back side of the carving. Think of the concept how some people pull some of the bun out so that their hot dog sinks in a little (stop thinking bad thoughts-folks). Does this make any sense?

B

You may want to check out BambooBen. He builds Awesome bars and all kinds of stuf tiki. He usually embellishes his cabinetry with tikis Just as you were trying to explain. Here is a link to his post
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11946&forum=7&266
His email is [email protected]
Good luck

I also have been known to do such things, and I don't think my prices will kill you. you can pm me or I'm also at [email protected]. jimmy.

S

Mahalo! Great suggestions! I'm on it! :)

These are doors but can be scaled down smaller.

Be Happy!

S

Hey Ben...great pics! What I'm looking for is actually in photo #3--the small tiki hanging just left of your wonderful door. I am hoping to find different tikis just like that one that I can just mount to existing cabinets. What do you think? Mahalo! :)

On 2005-02-20 19:37, Sea-Tiki wrote:
Hey Ben...great pics! What I'm looking for is actually in photo #3--the small tiki hanging just left of your wonderful door. I am hoping to find different tikis just like that one that I can just mount to existing cabinets. What do you think? Mahalo! :)

You must contact the one and only Keigs20 aka Ken Pleasant of Pleasant Tiki or Pleasant Tikis. [email protected]

and wish him a Happy Birthday too!

Irie! Jah Rastafari!

K

Hey sea-tiki here are the 4 styles of little masks I carve they measure 10 inches tall by 6 wide and 2 inches thick without a background. Feel free to email me if you like them [email protected]

Nice doors Ben is that your house?

Those masks are incredible , I cant belive that is all done with a chainsaw.

B

C'mon Keigs , those look like Shoes to me, what you been drinkin. You sellin them ol' shoes for tikis now?
How you been? Actually these are just what she was lookin for. If she would have said shoes before we could hace saved ALL this fun
Ouch, Yes dear, I Know those were tikis all along.

D

RevBambooBen are those doors in your house? Can I live in your hallway? What a creative perspective on what a hallway could and should look like! I love it!

K

Holy Sh*t Ben they do look like shoes. Back to the drawing board.

I have been fine. Sill working out of town so carving is slow.
Hey rodeo thanks

Pages: 1 12 replies