Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay:drift wood tiki necklace playing skull drum

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

aLoHa fOLks, I collect drift wood from the beach, and carve it into Tiki necklaces. THis one is 2 necklaces, THe main tiki, which is sitting on a stand that is playing the skull drum, which is also a necklace. It's meant to be set up while not wearing the necklace. Thanks for lookin. THe auction ends March 5th Sat. night. mahalo,
-tOny

Tiki Oasis is almost here!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3960524581

TC page Or TiKi tOny.cOm or my clothing line adrift

[ Edited by: tikitony on 2005-03-02 23:59 ]

B

Keep 'em rollin Tony. I wish we had the Driftwood here that you guys have over there on the west coast. All we get are beer cans and tar globs.
Your tikis are getting bettr and your necklaces are getting more refined. Keep it up

T

Yestday night when I found them by chance they were only five bucks. Good stuff and I got to get a hat like yours Tony. Where to start. one last thing what is the size of those. they look tiny

SEE YA SOON

[ Edited by: teaKEY on 2005-02-20 13:13 ]

Tony! Thems be some nice lookin' tikis! I totally dig your necklaces...too cool.

Yeah, Ben my local driftwood usually comes from within the LA harbor - so I get a lot of telephone poles and that bamboo lookin' river reed.

Best o' luck on that auction...

Ah yur too nice Ben! Thanks. We're soO blessed with the drift wood here. Some friends and I are going to build a gnarly 20 x 30 feet drift wood house on a secluded beach in Northern Ventura. It'll be like those reality make over shows, where we start at 7 am, and finish by sundown with a giant drift wood fire. The only materials we're bringing are a truckload of palm frawns for the roof, some long nails, and lots of rope to tie the logs together, oh, and a few hatchets to square or notch the logs so they fit together snug. It'll have a pitched A frame roof, that should be stong enough to support a little attic, where we can sleep, or store the surf boards. Yes, I love drift wood, its free, its gnarly, and you don't have to tear down any forests to get it, its got a whole history behind it way before you touch it, and did I mention its free! We're gonna painstakingly put bamboo poles for the walls, and maybe more frawns on the inside, so the wind doesn't blow through. I'd like to do a whole series of huts along the coast line, but we'll see. The very beach that we'll be making the drift wood hut, is where the local Native Chumash constructed drift wood canoes and paddled to the Channel Islands and back. Their word for drift wood is the same name for their canoes; Tomol. The name of an island in Tahitian is Motu, my name trunkated is ToMu (tOny mUrphy) my new Tiki farm mug's smile comes from the Tuamotu Islands. Yes, a stretch, but I love fabricating connections like that.

TeaKey... yes, I love the beach comber hat... I purchased it at Oceanic Arts for a mere $3 bucks. At the time when I went there, that was all the money I had, and wanted to walk away with the left side of the store.

Polynesiac... I was just thinking about you on my way home from school tonight. I've got a new surf friend from school who's into diving, and snorkling. And after seeing Life Aquatic, I can't stop thinking about going. Are you gonna go to the Santa Monica Travel Fest Tiki fest? adrift will have a booth, and I'll squeeze in. I can't wait for Doug Nason's slide show.

http://www.travelstoreusa.com/pages/337/VacationFest_2005.html

bump this up . Ends in a few...

T

the Chiki TIki almost killed me today... with his machete... I'll tell all very soon.

i HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN ALL ADAY tONE, YOU mE AND WE ARE LUCKY. bUY a lOTTo tIcKEt !

Hey Tony them little tygers are realy k@@l the last three you did on e,bay were realy neat, im finishing a new bar and setting one of your tiki gods I got from you in the bar top, I in set two vintage record covers then out lined it in bamboo with gold leaf ive been trying to post a few photos but im haveing trouble in doing, hope I can iron it out soon .Gotta go the resin startin to gel .T,J

Pages: 1 8 replies