Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Favorite Tiki Event

Pages: 1 3 replies

TT

I have been to two Tiki Oasis's and the 2003 Chicago Exotica Tour. I really loved the first Oasis we went to the best. What would you guys say is your favorite Tiki event and why?

How many pages does this have to be? Double-spaced OK?

(Hey, my wifey-poo and daughter are gonna be in your town this week for a competition cheerleading gig (don't ask). What's happening I can direct her to?)

TT

Well, if she wants to check out the only Tiki Bar/restaurant in town, tell her to go to Psycho Suzi's. PsychoSuzi's.com or 612 788-9069 for directions or more info. Nice place to eat some deep dish pizza and to check out the Tiki's. If she can't drag the cheerleaders to such a place then the girls will want to check out the Mall of America (I can't believe I'm telling anyone to go there). This place is made for spending money and wasting time. The biggest mall in America. Rollercoasters, movies, food, thousands of people, etc. We just got several inches of snow so be prepaired for that. It actually looks pretty nice right out right now. Hope she has fun.

M

Considering the fact that I haven't been to an Oasis in what seems like decades, that event can;t even come close to the Hukilau!! I like the fact that The Hukilau never seems overcrowded, and the entertainment gets more incredible each year. I say "more incredbile" as opposed to better, because the entertainment has always been top-notch. Going to Florida is a blast, the Mai-Kai is awesome. The nice thing about the Oasis is the fact that the event is all in one location. Of course The Caliente is great. My recomendation for West Coasters; try to go to both The Oasis and The Hukilau-try not to think of The Hukilau as an event for East Coasters only-in fact it is quite International. You will not be let down--heck, I even had a blast with the Hurricane screwing things up last year.

Pages: 1 3 replies