Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Fear and Loathing In The Afterlife...

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hunter S Thompson, a sort of twisted character, but a hero of mine, ended his life today.

I bet he came up with a suicide note that was just so good, he had no choice but to act on it.

If my wife and I had another kid, boy or girl, child number three would have been Hunter S Dotson.

I hope he's hanging with his friend, and another hero of mine, Warren Zevon somewhere that's different, if not better.

Maybe they are both getting loaded and shooting off guns overlooking John Denver's cloud right now. I hope we have thunder tonight.

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2005-02-20 22:14 ]

"You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands."

Here ya go buddy, this'll help ease the pain...

Damn it damn it damn it! Another one gone. I'll do my best to remember him on my next visit to vegas.

"You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye."

[ Edited by: TIKIGARDENER on 2005-02-20 23:21 ]

Geeky wrote: "Maybe they are both getting loaded and shooting off guns overlooking John Denver's cloud right now. I hope we have thunder tonight."

Me too, Geeky. Thanks so much--you made me laugh.

(Poor Sandra Dee, too--bummer of a day, eh. Hope she and Bobby Darin are having a wonderful heart-to-heart right now.)

mournful tikivixen

So long, I'm gonna go and blow something up in tribute ( I wish I'd bought one of those copies of 'The Curse of Lono' now!)

[ Edited by: cheekytiki on 2005-02-21 00:47 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies