Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Salems Lot....still scaring the crap out of me at 31!

Pages: 1 3 replies

I was at the video store and decided to try and watch the one movie that gave me nightmares as a kid...Salems Lot. Only now did I find out this was a friggin made for TV movie!! Well, once again as soon as the vampire kid comes towards the window in that green fog and the Boom...Boom..Boom...soundtrack kicks in...I had to turn it off. To this day I still can't sleep next to a damn window! Am I just a big loser or has anyone had the crap scared out of them by this flick??!!

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2005-02-23 18:08 ]

D

Oh HELL Yes! Scariest vampire this side Nosferatu's Count Orlok. I was 13 years old, babysitting some kids down the street from my house and watched Salems Lot after I put the kids to bed. My Mom calls me and tells me she is going to my Uncles house and I would have to be home alone for a bit after I got done babysitting. When the parents got back the asshole Dad didn't take me home. So I had to walk home ALONE at midnight in the middle of a very dark and empty street. That had to be the longest 2 blocks I ever walked. My heart and pulse raced with every sound I thought I heard. Stupid frickin' Hubie Marston...

The best part of the story was that summer we rented a house in Newport and as fate would have it, Lance Kerwin surfed every morning and every evening right in front of our house. Sooo, to make a long story short, that was the summer DawnTiki learned how to surf. :wink:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-02-23 21:35 ]

T

Great TV movie. Just don't try the remake they did in the last year or so. Pure crap!

Just one of the Glick brothers

Trustar

D

Oh yes, I remember watching that when i was teenager. It really was scary. The "master" vampire was hideous looking. Remember that one scene where the guy comes back as a vampire and is in the rocking chair in the upstairs bedroom? He keeps saying "looook at meeee"! Man that still gives me the creeps

Pages: 1 3 replies