Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Cottage house for rent in Mountain View - PRICE REDUCED!!! - pics added

Pages: 1 1 replies

MT

Dear fellow Tiki Centralites,
My old place in Mountain View is available for rent. It's a late 1920's cottage farm house with lots of charm and character. 2 bedroom, 1 bath, original hardwood floors, large family room, wood burning firepace, large eat-in kitchen, ceiling fans.

Here's our ad, lots of pictures here:
http://www.craigslist.org/pen/apa/61441199.html

We have re-done most everything in this house, including refinishing the original oak hardwood floors, installing nice baseboards and trim around all of the windows and original doors (no hollow core 1970's doors here), installing new fixtures and vanity in the bathroom, installing a dishwasher and garbage disposal in the kitchen (alot of these old cottage homes won't have these), and ceiling fans.

There is a mudroom/pantry room that has hook-ups for a washer and dryer. We might even provide a washer and dryer for you as well.

My fiance and I lived there for 6 years, and absolutely loved the location. We were forced to move due to a complicated family estate tax issue. Otherwise we would still be there!

The house is located in "Old Mountain View", and it is indeed in a great location. Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Noah's Bagel, and Blockbuster Video are 1 block away. Cost Plus is just over a block away as well. Eagle Park and a couple other parks are just 4 short blocks away as well, and Castro Street, which is the heart of Downtown Mountain View, is one block past Eagle Park. There are tons of nice restaurants along Castro Street, such as Amici's NY Pizzeria and restaurant, The Cantankerous Fish, Sue's Indian Cuisine, basically a wide variety of just about every type of ethnic dining available, Gelato Classico, plus a few bars such as St. Stephen's Green, 251 Castro Pool Hall, and the Tied House Microbrewery - sorry, no tiki bars (YET).

Lots of cool shops on Castro Street as well, such as Global Beads, various exotic import shops, Borders Books, aquarium shops, etc.

You won't have to worry about finding parking for the Mountain View Art and Wine Festival. Walk to the annual Small Brewer's Festival located behind the Tied House Brewery! Ride your bike to Shoreline Park, to sail in the lagoon, play golf, or enjoy a quick pint and lunch at the Shoreline Park Cafe. If you work in the hi-tech business park down there, then ride your bike to work as well!

The Century 16 Shoreline movie theater is down there as well, one of my favorite places to go to the movies. I miss it dearly.

Added bonus - Shoreline Amphitheater is located down by Shoreline Park as well, and Mountain View residents get to buy concert ticktets there before they go on sale to the general public! Guaranteed great seats!

As an added bonus, we might be willing to give a discount on rent to a Tiki-Centralite. Now how can you say no to all of that? Please forward this on to anyone you know that is looking for a place!!! You can respond to my e-mail address in my profile, or the contact info on the Craigslist ad, or send me a PM. Much Mahaloz in advance!!!
-Mai Tai

[ Edited by: Mai Tai on 2005-02-26 15:35 ]

[ Edited by: Mai Tai on 2005-02-26 15:36 ]

MT

I've dropped the rate down to $1,695, which is a great rate. I'd rather just get it rented out now to a good tenant, the sooner the better.

Here are some pictures of the place, so you can see what it looks like. If you are interested, please send me a PM or e-mail me (my address is in my profile). If you know of anyone looking for a place, please forward this on to them. Thanks!

Family room with ceiling fan and wood burning fireplace

Bedroom with ceiling fan

Second bedroom

Trim detail with space for phone

Kitchen counter

Kitchen stove

Pantry room/mud room with washer and dryer hook-ups

New vanity and fixtures in redone bathroom

Front yard

Apartment complex in back

[ Edited by: Mai Tai on 2005-02-26 15:30 ]

Pages: 1 1 replies