Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Topic Hiccups (Esp. R.I.P.s !!!!)

Pages: 1 11 replies

There seems to be a rash of multiple same-topic threads again, certainly this week.
(By the way, did anyone notice that Hunter S. Thompson died?)

Hanford didn't put those BEEG yellow "check before you post" boxes up just for decoration.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-03 19:56 ]

B

Jade, did you hear about Tiki Farm's New Tiki Oasis V, Ol' One Eyed Moai Mug!?!?!?

D

BOOOOO!!!!

I've always heard it said that a good scare will cure hiccups. If this doesn't work everyone of Tiki Centrals members will have to drink a glass of water while standing on their heads. Did it work? Only time will tell. BOO-ooo...

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-02-23 19:42 ]

H

Hey, have you seen that moai tissue dispenser?

Seriously, folks... I know Hanford's at his wits' end trying to figure out what else to do to encourage people to search before they start a new topic. We're all guilty of it, and sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly how to search, but for Ku's sake, please at least try.

And while we're at it--please consider, when you're posting to an existing thread, whether you're veering waaaay off-topic... maybe a new thread, or a different existing thread, would be a better place for your musings?

Please folks, it's nice to want to honor someone's memory, but not everyone can be the very first to hear about a death, and more than likely someone else has beat you to it.

CHECK BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD!!!!!!
(edited for easier comprehension)

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-03 20:37 ]

On 2005-03-03 19:57, purple jade wrote:
Please folks, it's nice to want to honor someone's memory, but not everyone can be the very first to hear about a death, and more than likely someone else has beat you to it.

CHECK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!

Wo! Is this about the Founding Father of Exotica?

If so, that's suicide around these parts. You're crazier than Crazy Al!!

p.s. RIP Martin Denny. Cheers!

That's right, I'm utterly unaware of who Martin Denny is or what he means to people here (sheesh...).

Even so, I believe ONE THREAD to which everyone can post is sufficient.
I also believe it is in accordance with the creator of this particular board's wishes.

So I think I may just live to see another day.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-03 20:32 ]

On 2005-03-03 20:30, purple jade wrote:
That's right, I'm utterly unaware of who Martin Denny is or what he means to people here (sheesh...).

Even so, I believe ONE THREAD to which everyone can post is sufficient.
I also believe it is in accordance with the creator of this particular board's wishes.

So I think I may just live to see another day.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-03 20:32 ]

Where's the other post? There was one in Music but posted much later than the one on Main. Looked like a newbie too. Can't come down on the newbies or there will be nothing new.

I think that main discussion was a perfect place to post that Martin Denny passed away. Unfortunately it's another RIP but "a rather important one to the tiki scene." There shouldn't be a problem with multiple posts on Mr. Denny's passing. People mourn in different ways. Peace and Aloha.

"I also believe it is in accordance with the creator of this particular board's wishes."

Are you banging Hanford on the side!!??

Couldn't pass it up!! Booze and death of a loved one brings out the best in all of us.

RIP MARTIN DENNY!!!

On 2005-03-03 21:23, RevBambooBen wrote:
Are you banging Hanford on the side!!??

Good Lord, how could I find the time and energy what with everyone else I've allegedly been banging...
(edited for sarcasm clarification)

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-03 21:54 ]

Um. Everyone feelin better today? Hope so. I know, the rain gets me down and what with death AND booze...well. Perhaps a vacation to Chromeland?

T

PJ is right on the money on this one folks - but unfortunately, sometimes people (even long time TC'ers) don't check beofre posting..... We all wish they would - but it's probably not gonna always happen....

By the way - did you guys hear someone on the boards will make you a free copy of the Tiki Gardens LP?

I am horribly sorry for dragging that corpse out of the basement.

Pages: 1 11 replies