Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Two wheeler stirring up the big-wigs at trader vics B.H.

Pages: 1 7 replies

The wife and I stopped in to T.V. in B.H. at about 4:55 to get drinks and dinner to celebrate the end of a lawsuit (MC accident)and spend some $$.We were first in the door and sat at the bar to pound some hooch. The only other folks in there were some suits next to us talking shop. As I ordered my third drink in 15 mins, the older white haired guy that all the other guys were fawning over, turns to me to smile and asks "am I having a good time", to which I say "yes indeed sir, I am". After my reply, I ask if they are involved with trader vics?, to which the older guy says "you could say that". Not being one to miss a chance to voice my opinion ,I ask "why don't you guys put lights back in the fishing floats like the good old days before the decore got so watered down?". The older guy turns to a now red faced suit and asks "what about those lights?", he shifts in his chair and says "uh, I don't think they have lights", to which I respond "that's the problem here, no color!". Now the older guy is grinning at my grilling, so to lighten things up I tell them how much we love the drinks and the food, we just long for the good old days of magic in the decor. The manager (red faced suit) then tells me that the older guy is "the main man at trader vics", to which I respond "oh, you are one of the Bergerons?", to which he says "no, they are the owners" and produces a card for me with the name Hans W. Richter, president and C.E.O. of trader vics!!. Well, imagine my shock!. Here I thought I was rousting some manager dweebs and I get the big fish. I asked about the new S.F. T.V. and he said it is great and asked if we had been there yet?, I said no, but we will see it in july, to which he invited us to drop him a line when we come up so we can hook up for drinks, SWEET!!.And here I am in the loudest hawaiian shirt in a 10 mile radius!. Life can be very cool . Peace out

keep the rubber side down ,the gas on and the drinks coming!

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2005-02-23 22:11 ]

J

Hey Twowheelin', next time you and your pal Hans sit down for a couple Singapore Slings ask him why the hell don't they put a Trader Vic's somewhere in the upper northeast. :) That's a great story...hope they listened to your good advice!

Great work 2wheelin! Marian and I were disappointed in the Emeryville Trader Vics for the same reason. Not enough flotsum and jetsum.... Tell him to go to La Mariana in Waianae, Oahu and meet Gecko for drinks under the glowing orbs that came from the original Vics in Waikiki. They have the right vibe going there. I'm sure OA could get them everything they need to put things right.
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-02-24 09:00 ]

[i]On 2005-02-23 22:07, twowheelin'tiki wrote:

I ask "why don't you guys put lights back in the fishing floats like the good old days before the decore got so watered down?".. . . I respond "that's the problem here, no color.

Right on the money!

The Trader Vic's BH watered down tiki decor definitely needs color and more tikis. I hope you follow up on that as well as for the free hospitality.

I like glowing orbs. And hooch. Way 2 go 2W!

On 2005-02-24 08:58, Kailuageoff wrote:
Tell him to go to La Mariana in Waianae, Oahu and meet Gecko for drinks under the glowing orbs that came from the original Vics in Waikiki.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-13 12:06 ]

I am glad I hit a proper note for you guys, I was just speaking from the heart. I was listening to the current manager talk down some of the existing decor saying it would be too expensive to replace (I have rabbit ears and hear ALL!) and I think that and my tonga punch got me riled up.If given an opp, I will do anything possible to upgrade our T.V. decor situation.By the way, good old Hans loves his Mai-tais!. He is a damn fine man . TWT

You done did good! Pop a wheelie!

-Weird Uncle Vic's

Pages: 1 7 replies