Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tokelau .tk

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

Hi,

It's been a long time since I've posted on here but I wanted to share something.

I'm building a site at http://www.tikiguy.tk and, while it's not built yet, the cool thing is how I got the domain name. Free.

There's a very small island that's a 42 hour boat ride from New Zealand...South Pacific-ish right? See the tie in to tiki...

Anyway, some guys went and set-up internet service and a top-level domain for these folks so they can develop and economy beyond fishing and have quicker access to education and health care. Pretty cool.

Well you can sign up for a free domain name there (or buy one, your choice) and help an island in the South Pacific. Plus tk has a nice phonetic relation to tiki! Eh? Cool?

Unfortunately tiki.tk is gone and tikiguy.tk is gone, but there's got to be a million or at least 32 other decent ones left.

You do need to have a website to point your .tk domain name to.

If you do go sign up, please use my Ambassador number. I get points for that and I'm saving up for a Pupu tatai: Water Flask. It's pretty cool. Although the Tuluma: Hand-carved Fish Bucket would make a great ice-bucket in my tiki bar.

I know this isn't the kind of thing that usually goes in here, but a lot of us centralites have websites, are altruistic and so like, combine the two! How articulate was that. In case the link below doesn't work, here's my Ambassador number: 190730

Go to dot.tk to get your free domain name.

:: Collecting Tiki today for a Tiki-er tomorrow ::

[ Edited by: TikiGuy on 2005-02-25 19:03 ]

Theres this new program on the telly at the mo' which has a web address that I'm sure will do wonders for the Cook Islands as it ends in ".co.ck"

I registered and input your ambassador #. Thanks for the heads up.

T

Cool thanks! I checked out your site. Nice Flash navigation. I love the first cartoon especially.

Now I have 26 fish - another 324 to go before I can score the water bottle.

Pages: 1 3 replies