Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Martiki?

Pages: 1 6 replies

K

Does anyone have a recipe for the Martiki?

Thanks,
Kelly

[ Edited by: kah706 on 2002-04-23 13:34 ]

T

I should bring my cocktail books to work so I can look these up as I always read tiki central at work.

Since I can't provide the Martiki recipie here's a refreshing minty cocktail to try:

The Jade Cocktail
1 3/4 oz. gold rum
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon green creme de menthe
1/2 teaspoon curacao
1 teaspoon sugar
Shake ingerdients well with ice and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lime slice.

M
mig posted on Tue, Apr 23, 2002 2:29 PM

I don't have a recipe for the Martiki. But when you find her, make her apologize for that god-awful 80's song "Toy Soldiers".

Oh, that was Martika.

Sorry, just being dumb, I needed a little lunacy in my day.

I've discovered (or did one of you turn me on to) a website called drinkboy.com that has some great recipes on it. The feature that I like best about this site, though, is that it has a Palm handheld download option, which allows me to carry all my drink recipes on my PDA! You can imagine what a tremendous boon this is to the alcaholic geek! Now, when I'm at a bar, I can whip out my PDA and show the bartender exactly how to make a mai tai or fog cutter or whatever. How cool is THAT?

Da Beachbum will have it in his new drinkguide called "INTOXICA", which will be available at the Palm Springs TIKI OASIS 2002.
He also finally has a website in the works, I'll post the URL as soon as it is up.

As maxton said drinkboy.com really is an excellent site...But wait, it gets better, there's also a drinkboy "group" at msn communities (commuinities.msn.com/drinkboy...Or something like that. You can figure it out.) The "cocktailians" (as they call themselves) in this group will blow you away with their knowledge and expertise. Anyone with a serious interest in drinks should check it out.

K

Thanks for the info, folks! I can only hope that Beachbum's new book will be in the same spiral bound format. You know what it's like trying to prop open a cocktail recipe book with a bottle or whatever while you're making a drink, just to have the book close and send things flying across the bar.

~Kelly

Pages: 1 6 replies