Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A Sylvac tiki mug?

Pages: 1 2 replies

I found this on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=723232406

.. and it looks for all the world like a miss-identified tiki mug. Its almost the spitting image of a orchids of hawaii bamboo style tiki mug but its made by the Sylvac companycould this be a new Brit-tiki tiki mug or for once is a vase just a vase?

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki on 2002-10-13 10:53 ]

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki on 2002-10-13 10:56 ]

T

I dunno. Doesn't look too exciting to me! I know the lack of tiki in the UK is a hardship, but 25 pounds for that? Too much, I say!

On a brighter note, have you typed the word SEPIK into Ebay lately?

Yeah twenty five quid is a bit much but the Sylvac stuff is the kitsch collectors maker of choice, they produced such a wide variety of crap, that I've allways suspected them of having produced tiki stuff sometime if any company in britain made tiki there the prime candidates, also when Sylvac went bust they destroyed all the records of the stuff they made so there no way of know if they did.
Also I think that this is one time that a vase is just a vase but probably a rip-off of the hawaiian orchid mug.

But those tribal masks, yes sir those are great I love that headhunter style, they could make the perfect halloween costume one of those masks, a gourd on me tadger and a allover mud mask.

Pages: 1 2 replies