Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki images

Pages: 1 4 replies

I want to find a website of tiki god images, for tatoo purposes. I tried hard enough and i couldn't find anything with simple images and an explanation of the meaning of each god.
Could anyone please help me?

B

Just run a search in Google/Images for "tiki". You should get a bunch.

On 2005-02-26 11:19, ricvalle wrote:
I want to find a website of tiki god images, for tatoo purposes. I tried hard enough and i couldn't find anything with simple images and an explanation of the meaning of each god.
Could anyone please help me?

Welcome, ricvalle to TC. Try this site for some good background on Hawaiian gods.

http://www.hawaiianmarketplace.com/myths/myths.html

Then you might try the Google "image" search and type in the name of each god. You will have good luck with Ku and Lono, not sure of the others.

Here's some good images of authentic Hawaiian carvings:

http://www.sergeking.com/HAM/hhall.html

Good luck.

A-A

I remember one morning I was walking board in hand to the water for a session of surfing.

This guy walks by and says something to the effect of "tiki, huh?". To which inspired by my love of such said "yeah! I love all things tiki!".

I was expecting him to jump on board the tiki band wagon and exhibit the same kind of exuberance I did. Didn't happen.

He sort of looked at me in a condescending manner and said "it's bad luck to have a tiki tattoo".

My temper already amped for surfing flared to Sun-spot proportions. I immediatly responded in his general direction "do you even know anything about tiki?".

To which the caucasian said "yeah, I was born in Maui, blah, blah, blah".

After deeply pondering his responce for at least .5 nanoseconds, I smartly replied "eat shit, tiki is good!".

Later that day I snapped my board after getting nose-driven on a steep 7' set...

H
hewey posted on Sun, Feb 27, 2005 6:01 PM

Wankers who give other people shit for their tatoos are bad luck.

To them i also say "Eat shit, tiki is good"

I think you know to whom the blame for the unfortunaute board snappage goes...

Pages: 1 4 replies