Pages: 1 2 66 replies

P

Here's a few more hotel room views, from some brochures:

Napili Kai Beach Club, Maui:

Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Maui:

Orchid Island Hotel, Hilo :

Coco Palms, Kauai:

(Kings Cottage and Lava Rock bathtub)

(Kings Lagoon Lanai, with those great lamps from Sabu's post )

(Queens Cottage)

Kauai Surf :

Aina Luana, Waikiki:

Polynesian, Waikiki:

Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki:

Waikikian :

M

A few more from a recent excursion:

The Islander Hotel, Waikiki:

The killer lobby of the Kona Inn:

Here's a detail of the awesome lamps in a Kona Inn room. (Full postcard earlier on this thread):

P

Here's 2 more from the Kona Inn:

T

Mahalo nui loa Sabu fo' da pix of Hawai'i how it used to and still SHOULD be!!!
Your postcards took me right back to my days as a VERY happy child in Kane'ohe - Our place used to look a LOT like these postcards... I still remember fondly our garden tikis (which made the journey with us by ship to California), the bamboo mats and matting everywhere, and our bamboo mat and monkeypod bar.

Fond, warm, happy memories. Thanx Sabu! _ _
/

T

Man, now THOSE are great pix. Mahalo for posting those. Makes me really wish that someone would figure out time travel.
The mix of classic Polynesian and Mid Century Modern just works so perfectly.

T

Here's a great link...all Hawaiian postcards from back in the day...images are small, but apparentlym these are all for sale.

http://members.tripod.com/Verchie/Hawaii.html

B

Sabu?

Coco Palms Resort

Kona Inn

J

Using postcards in advertising your products and services is good. It can easily catch people's attention and what you have to say is already written in the postcard. postcard printing service

On 2009-02-26 21:21, jollivee wrote:
Using postcards in advertising your products and services is good. It can easily catch people's attention and what you have to say is already written in the postcard.

WOW, IT'S A NEW BRAND OF HAWAIIAN SPAM!

DC

I have always enjoyed the great photos on this post from Sabu and Puamana. I decided it was time to freshen it up a bit with some new images, as many of the old ones have been lost to the dreaded Red X.

This is from the Hawaiiana Hotel.

Some rooms from the Hawaiian Village Hotel.

From the famous Waikikian.

Some great rooms found at the Kona Inn. Check out all of that great art on the walls.

These are from the Hanalei Plantation.

From the Kauai Surf Hotel.

The Holiday Isle Hotel.

Thats all for now, will try to post some more later.

DC

L

I would love to own those headdress lamps!

Anyone own these or come across any during their collecting?

And you guys are awesome with all the imagery . Sabu and DustyCajun it blows me away the stuff you post--wish we could compile it all into a book.

bump

picture fix?

Rediscovered this thread a couple of days ago and it reminded me that I've got a bunch of old Hawaiian hotel brochures that I should scan . Here's one from 1961 from The Breakers in Honolulu...apologies if this has been posted before. Not very Tiki-heavy but appealing nevertheless....

Kon-Tiki Viking, thanks for posting this. It IS a cool thread. Your third pic reminds me of some of the Waikikian Hotel brochures too. Wonder if there is a connection, or just one success copying another?
~kele

Kon Tiki Viking,

Thanks for posting and bumping this thread back up. It is such a bummer to see the red x's in this one. I thought I would add a few of the older missing postcards from Sabu and Puamana.

These three are from the King Kamehameha hotel in Kona.

Two from the Kauai Surf.

The Naniloa.

The Islander - what a view.

And the Kauai Inn.

I have quite a few more that I will try to post.

DC

DC, great imagery! Please keep posting this stuff. Mahalo for this and all of your other continuing contributions, especially in the Locating Tiki forum. We're looking and enjoying.

-Tom

Just adding my thanks to D.C. for putting up those amazing images....what I wouldn't give for a time machine right now.

Pages: 1 2 66 replies