Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Marty DiBergi... Snubbed Again

Pages: 1 9 replies

Marty DiBergi is the greatest living American film director to have gotten his start directing dogfood comercials. The dirty stinkers down at the Academy don't know what the Hell they're on about. I mean, losing to Milos Foreman & "Amadeus" in 1984 was bad enough, but they've ignored him ever since! Not even a nomination in 20 years! A travesty, proof positive that there is no justice in this world.

Yeah, Marti got ripped, but what about that other greatest living director, Mark Borchardt?
Mark my words: Someday "Northwestern" will be finished, and it will be a MASTERPIECE!

J
JTD posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 1:02 PM

If Michael Moore can win for Best Documentary, Marty should have, like, eight.

DZ

On 2005-02-28 13:02, JTD wrote:
If Michael Moore can win for Best Documentary, Marty should have, like, eight.

That's right - NOBODY can capture "the sights, the sounds and the smells of a hard-working rock band on the road" the way DiBurgi can. If you thought Scorcese's "The Last Waltz" was a masterpiece, you haven't seen the fruit of DiBurgi's 1982 "Tap Into America" tour coverage...

1986, Marty DiBergi releases "Billy Crystal: Don't Get Me Started." Academy picks "Platoon" as Best Picture & Oliver Stone as Best Director.

1998 Marty releases "Spinal Tap: The Final Tour." The Academy picks "Shakespeare in Love" as Best Picture, Steven Spielberg as Best Director for "Saving Pivate Ryan."

2000 Marty releases "Catching Up with Marty DiBergi." The Academy picks "Gladiator" as Best Picture, Steven Soderbergh as Best Director for "Traffic."

T

Perhaps Tiki Central's own "Bobbi Fleckman", Purple Jade should weigh in on this travesty....

"Money talks and bullshit walks."

T

"You don't talk so much..."

On 2005-03-01 16:03, purple jade wrote:
"Money talks and bullshit walks."

Oh great, now my aural image of Purple Jade's ruined. Now instead of reading her posts in a smokey Naw'lins accent (with just a hint of drawl) I'll be hearing Fran Dresher! :evil:

:lol:

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2005-03-03 07:47 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies